self contained translator app

This is a discussion on self contained translator app within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by keithdiggs01 You should change the thread title to "iOS destroys Android on apps" as it will be a bit more accurate. BTW ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: self contained translator app

Quote Originally Posted by keithdiggs01 View Post
    You should change the thread title to "iOS destroys Android on apps" as it will be a bit more accurate. BTW iOS has had a couple years head start on Android so there is a bit of catch-up to do.
    I think he should change the thread name to "Mr. Rude vs Whoever"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Nye, your rhetoric is incomprehensible. You create an account and post unnecessary jargon to support a device that is controlled by its creators and not the consumer.

You must understand that the Android Market is still developing and obtains less applications than that of the iPhone. You are clearly upset and figured by bashing the Nexus One you would get us heated. This community is excellent and its amusing to me that you come here to flame/troll. Bashing the Nexus One won't get us heated....well at least not me. Want to know why? Because the Nexus One dominates the iPhone.

Okay okay, bring out the articles and point of reference as to why the iPhone is SOOOO much better than the Nexus One. If someone is a ub3rrr nooobbbb with technology and likes being restricted, I'd recommend the iPhone :rofl3:. If someone wants no restriction,freedom over their device, and REAL multi-tasking, I'd recommend the Nexus One. Call it what you want, but the iPhone 4 does NOT truly multi-task. I also find it funny that Apple not only controls the environment and restrict consumer, they also steal ideas.

Multi-tasking was available for the iPhone for 2 years via jailbreaking before they implemented it. They 're-introduce' this new feature that most had for a good while now. So while the iPhone is in catchup mode and trying to stay current, I suggest you then switch to that and put the Nexus One down, because you sure don't deserve to hold such quality of a product in your hand.

Is this post a little harsh? I think not. Meanwhile, why don't you go invest some of your time in finding an offline dictionary + thesaurus, because there are plenty.

You may find it amusing that I wrote 4 paragraphs on information that your OP doesn't even talk about, because I did.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Have your fun next year is our turn, and you now that's true

Android Army

@nye307
    Don't ever challenge a passionate community like our.
    It only took me 3 minutes to find what you where looking for.

this app is call Talk 2 Me

Talk 2 Me is a real-time-speech-translator. Why waste time learning another language when you can just let your Droid speak the language for you. Say something in English and the application will translate and speak it back to you in any language of your choice.

Download this app for free from the Android Market.

Scan the QR from your Nexus One to go Market.
    [IMG]http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=40x40&chl=Can%20the%20iPhone%20te ll%20you%20%22Your%20a%20****ing%20retard%22[/IMG]

Oh I'm sorry is this to small
    [IMG]http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=40x40&chl=Can%20the%20iPhone%20te ll%20you%20%22Your%20a%20****ing%20retard%22[/IMG]

Try this one

[IMG]http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=400x400&chl=Can%20the%20iPhone%20 tell%20you%20%22Your%20a%20****ing%20retard%22[/IMG]

a) I don't care about being called a noob or what the platform can do, I don't care about technical jargon. What I care about is functionality. I spent ~$600 on a product that is inferior because the programs I need are not available.

b) again, I need a program that does not require an internet connection. I don't have 3g here because it's a CDMA network and there's no wifi in this apartment so it's impossible to even try all of these programs at the moment. however, so far they're all sounding like they don't fit the bill. I mean, real time speech translator to any language? the word free is a huge tip off. the good translators all cost money and are well worth it. I don't think anybody here has gotten my point.

c) I did have to come on here and trash the phone that I've actually been enjoying in every other respect because nobody would help me when I asked politely. so it came down to providing a choice for you guys: the phone is lame, the forum is lame or I'm a d-bag. I really hoped it would come down to the last one because I would much rather eat my pride to justify my investment and have a more enjoyable time in Korea. Unfortunately, nobody seems to even understand the issue.

Have you tried it????

I did and it didn't required internet connection.

For Text to speech or speech to text you need additional add-on that are also free, but the add-on required internet connection. If you want to just translate Talk 2 Me doesn't need internet.

Oxford Beginners Chinese for Android

Droidslator Dict & Podcast for Android

If I were apple you would owe me eight dollars or so, even if you don't like them
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nye307 View Post
    a) I don't care about being called a noob or what the platform can do, I don't care about technical jargon. What I care about is functionality. I spent ~$600 on a product that is inferior because the programs I need are not available.

b) again, I need a program that does not require an internet connection. I don't have 3g here because it's a CDMA network and there's no wifi in this apartment so it's impossible to even try all of these programs at the moment. however, so far they're all sounding like they don't fit the bill. I mean, real time speech translator to any language? the word free is a huge tip off. the good translators all cost money and are well worth it. I don't think anybody here has gotten my point.

c) I did have to come on here and trash the phone that I've actually been enjoying in every other respect because nobody would help me when I asked politely. so it came down to providing a choice for you guys: the phone is lame, the forum is lame or I'm a d-bag. I really hoped it would come down to the last one because I would much rather eat my pride to justify my investment and have a more enjoyable time in Korea. Unfortunately, nobody seems to even understand the issue.
    Paragraph (a): Are you serious? Please explain why you would spend money on anything that is inferior to your needs? Have you ever heard of reviewing something before you buy it. I bet your the kind of person that would jump off a cliff just because others are doing it. Steve Jobbs needs and loves people like you. You deserve each other.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links