self contained translator app

This is a discussion on self contained translator app within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Finally got some Wifi and all require internet access. Johnny, if you could prove me wrong not only would I give you eight dollars, I'd ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: self contained translator app

Finally got some Wifi and all require internet access.

Johnny, if you could prove me wrong not only would I give you eight dollars, I'd get you a limo full of hookers.

Dragon, I didn't realize it was inferior in this respect, there was no information out there on it. From the reviews I assumed that such a necessary app would be available. The Nexus One seemed to be the superior product in other respects. The fact that the available apps are shockingly sparse in comparison was not mentioned in any of the reviews.

As for Steve Jobbs, I think Google is the best organization in the world right now. What three administrations could not do with American foreign policy towards China they accomplished overnight as a private company. From my understanding of the operation's workings it's not only beyond innovative but involves some of the smartest people in the world. But in the end, the better product is the better product.

did you try the two apps i found for you? the Chinese one

"Oxford Chinese-English-Chinese dictionary with about 10,000 translations.
    The product allows you to download the dictionary data to the device memory or to memory card. Download the whole dictionary to work in offline mode."
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nye307 View Post
    Svenner: 等待或购买iPhone. Works great when you have an internet connection!

So all I had to do was flame the phone to get a bunch of responses, although in all fairness only one of them was worth anything. Maybe it's not the phone, it's just that this is a terrible forum. I haven't tried Convey This, but Google translate requires internet access as does Google Goggles. If Trippo does voice translation that is definitely going to require 3G or Wifi, I'm going to try it asap. This is the key part: DOES NOT REQUIRE INTERNET ACCESS. What part of that does nobody get? Although on a side note if Goggles can translate Spanish to English that's pretty sweet, and I'm going to use it a lot when I get back to South Florida.

Jonno, you write the code I'll bankroll you. I get 60%. I don't want to have to carry a separate device which costs hundreds of dollars and is significantly larger when simply choosing a different brand would have allowed me to avoid that.

I agree that it may be different in ten years but it's not NOW. Wait or buy an iPhone is exactly my point. I'm not going to postpone my trip for five years because my smartphone of choice wasn't available so I should have bought the iPhone.

Lost, name one of those 100. Please. Seriously, you have no idea HOW badly I want to be proven wrong and for you guys to be able to legitimately call me a d-bag.

Sliceburg, my question has not been answered yet and I'm still on solid ground with my original statement. I see you have well over 1000 posts. Clearly if you have that many posts on a forum like this and can't answer a simple question with anything but emoticons you're using it mainly for social purposes. So definitely laugh before reading through the entire post, it will make you look good. What will make you look better is proving that you're more knowledgeable than I am and answering my question before you flame me senseless. If you can do that I'll eat my words and say something ridiculous about sliceburg rules or something.
    I bought a 3G new. Still have it, without a SIM. Look through the apps yourself troll, since all you are here for is to bash. Anyone with a functioning brain can count. Need help?

Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdiggs01 View Post
    You should change the thread title to "iOS destroys Android on apps" as it will be a bit more accurate. BTW iOS has had a couple years head start on Android so there is a bit of catch-up to do.
    I think he should change the thread name to "Mr. Rude vs Whoever"
    lol indeed.

Listen nye, obviously the Android platform in inferior so go buy an iPhone. Oh wait, the iPhone doesn't work well on your cell network. So who has the inferior platform? I'm confused.

Thank goodness school starts again soon so you won't be able to post your garbage for at least 8 hours in the day... By the way, take an Apple for the teacher on the first day. Brown nosing is just as good as trolling.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I'm gonna ask that this thread cool off please. No bashing needs to be done here. Everyone is entitled to opinions and thoughts. OP needs to keep the heat down as well.

Help the OP and let's keep it moving on a pleasant note to avoid lock of the thread.

OP apps have been posted. Please try, see if they fit your need and review, but please cease to make a point of bashing and adding fuel to the fire.

Thanks.
    Androidfied.

The suggested apps do not work for the stated purpose. Thank you for your help though.

For the record though, I like my Google phone better than the iPhone. I also agree that more apps will be available eventually (provided the android system eats into Apple's market share sufficiently). However, one should not bury their head in the sand out of loyalty. People of my political leanings, owners of my preferred car brand, adherents to my religion, students at my university all invariably get pissed at me at some point because I do my best to keep my assessments objective. Keeping this in mind, I can assure you there is no reason to take offense when I say this. The fact remains that if such a salient need is not being fulfilled, one can only surmise that, on the whole, at the moment the available apps for the iPhone are more extensive and better in quality than those for the Android operating system. Ignoring this fault will only serve to perpetuate it and allow the iPhone to continue it's dominance in this market. I think we can all agree that is an end to be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by nye307 View Post
    The suggested apps do not work for the stated purpose. Thank you for your help though.

For the record though, I like my Google phone better than the iPhone. I also agree that more apps will be available eventually (provided the android system eats into Apple's market share sufficiently). However, one should not bury their head in the sand out of loyalty. People of my political leanings, owners of my preferred car brand, adherents to my religion, students at my university all invariably get pissed at me at some point because I do my best to keep my assessments objective. Keeping this in mind, I can assure you there is no reason to take offense when I say this. The fact remains that if such a salient need is not being fulfilled, one can only surmise that, on the whole, at the moment the available apps for the iPhone are more extensive and better in quality than those for the Android operating system. Ignoring this fault will only serve to perpetuate it and allow the iPhone to continue it's dominance in this market. I think we can all agree that is an end to be avoided.
    No head in sand here...we all know every device has its specific shortcomings. I can point to a host of advantages N1 has over iPhone, just as anyone can find, as you have, advantages iPhone has. I think you simply found a combination of circumstances that allow iPhone to prevail (China/Korea, no net access, specific language translation requirement), and I can assure you I can come up with similar circumstances where Nexus prevails (Navigation, Voice Command,etc.). Consequently, ranting about any device's 'faults' seems rather silly..simply use the device that meets your dominant needs at the moment/location you find yourself in..I think that assessment is a bit more objective. The overriding beauty is we have a choice of devices that can improve our lives, regardless of 'brand'.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

No head in sand here...we all know every device has its specific shortcomings. I can point to a host of advantages N1 has over iPhone, just as anyone can find, as you have, advantages iPhone has. I think you simply found a combination of circumstances that allow iPhone to prevail (China/Korea, no net access, specific language translation requirement), and I can assure you I can come up with similar circumstances where Nexus prevails (Navigation, Voice Command,etc.). Consequently, ranting about any device's 'faults' seems rather silly..simply use the device that meets your dominant needs at the moment/location you find yourself in..I think that assessment is a bit more objective. The overriding beauty is we have a choice of devices that can improve our lives, regardless of 'brand'.
    Here, here. Well said!

not to mention

only seems to be "essential" to you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links