Battery Percentage?

This is a discussion on Battery Percentage? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by WERA689 I use Battery Indicator from the Market. Works great for me! I've just dumped battery widget and installed battery indicator. Happy ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Percentage?

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I use Battery Indicator from the Market. Works great for me!
    I've just dumped battery widget and installed battery indicator. Happy to get widgets off my home screen if they're not really needed. Thanks for the suggestion.

Battery Time: Classic by Motalen

Much like Battery Indicator - but allows you to set the level @ which it glows red for recharge... i've set it @ 30% as hoevering around 40% (+/- 10%) is the best for the Lithium Ion Battery...

So i have learnt from Beer Goggles and my other friends on the NexusOneForum.net

The problem with these apps is that the percentage appears in a separate icon from the actual battery icon. Or was this only for the version I installed?

Viz battery has the percentage meter in the battery icon itself.

Quote Originally Posted by eZdoesit View Post
    Viz battery has the percentage meter in the battery icon itself.
    Ah, thanks for the information. I ended up going with the Cyanogen Mod which has the battery indicator in the icon. Didn't realize that Viz battery could do the same thing.

i use battery time lite. its free. the app icon is a battery indicator itself and als puts a seperate percentage box up in the notification bar. im gonna check out that viz battery.

edit. viz battery didnt put anything in the battery icon in the notification bar. still the little seperate, black bock with the percentage that battery time lite put there.

Quote Originally Posted by damien8 View Post
    Wondering if there's an app or anything I can download to show exact battery percentage on the top task bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I use Battery Indicator from the Market. Works great for me!
    Perfect !!

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    viz battery is one of the better ones i've found, hth
    viz battery doesn't show in the top task bar, it's only a widget.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by eric1589 View Post
    i use battery time lite. its free. the app icon is a battery indicator itself and als puts a seperate percentage box up in the notification bar. im gonna check out that viz battery.

edit. viz battery didnt put anything in the battery icon in the notification bar. still the little seperate, black bock with the percentage that battery time lite put there.
    Yeah, that really bothered me too. I ended up rooting and installing the Cyanogen mod just so the percentage shows up in the icon. Of course, I discovered the Cyanogen mod allows the Nexus One to play FLAC as well, which I'm thrilled about.

I suggest giving the mod a try if the battery percentage thing bothers you.

So viz battery is fairly useless, it doesn't put anything in the taskbar. Both Battery Indicator Lite and Battery Time Lite do put the battery percentage in the task bar. I prefer Battery Time Lite myself. The widget is more informative and the percent display in the task bar is better. Both of them put the % display on the left side of the taskbar where all widgets and apps go. Neither of them mix the percentage into the actual battery icon itself which is on the right hand side. I imagine the cyanogen mod people are talking about probably does so that. It certainly has the power to do it.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links