Best IM app for MSN+AIM these days ?

This is a discussion on Best IM app for MSN+AIM these days ? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; There's not much point searching for a question like this as things change so often. I've been using ebuddy and it's pretty good, but I ...

Thread: Best IM app for MSN+AIM these days ?

Best IM app for MSN+AIM these days ?

There's not much point searching for a question like this as things change so often.

I've been using ebuddy and it's pretty good, but I want to know if there's something better. I don't use any other IM services other than MSN and AIM.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried using fring? It's free and should do them.

fring - free video calls, IM - Android app on AppBrain

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    Have you tried using fring? It's free and should do them.

fring - free video calls, IM - Android app on AppBrain
    Thanks for the suggestion. Trying it now - looks nice, very simple too.
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

You can use MSN Talk : MSN Talk - Android app on AppBrain

For AIM, Simply use the main application: AIM - Android app on AppBrain

You can also use the customizable AIM application, but some users experience issues:Hi AIM - Android app on AppBrain

For both... I use this =) : http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.meebo

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    You can use MSN Talk : MSN Talk - Android app on AppBrain

For AIM, Simply use the main application: AIM - Android app on AppBrain

You can also use the customizable AIM application, but some users experience issues:Hi AIM - Android app on AppBrain

For both... I use this =) : Meebo IM - Android app on AppBrain
    Either AIM or MSN (I'm thinking it's AIM) hasn't updated yet for Froyo. I was looking at them both a couple of days ago. I'd like to just use one app rather than two. So far Fring seems nice and lite and is doing a good job of keeping hold of my WiFi connection. If I don't have an IM app running, then it just drops off by itself. Presumably due to lack of use.

If I get annoyed with Fring, Meebo will be the next to try.

Thanks

EDIT: Update - Fring seems too simple. You can't even set notification sounds, and now I can't add extra accounts to it. I could at the very beginning while setting up, but now there's no way back to that screen. It does hold onto wifi very well though and the chat experience itself is fine. Hmmm. I don't see a very long future for it.

Looking at the comments in the market for Meebo. Apparently it's a battery hog and it fails to hold onto wifi according to some commenters. Not a great start. I'll give that a miss. The comments for AIM aren't much better. It's looking like ebuddy might just be the best one, I might go back to it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links