Bloatware creeping into Android phones

This is a discussion on Bloatware creeping into Android phones within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Bloatware Creeps Into Android Phones | Gadget Lab | Wired.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloatware creeping into Android phones

Bloatware creeping into Android phones

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is definitely one of the deciding factors in my getting a Nexus One.

Plain ol' vanilla android FTW!

Agreed !

Pure Unadulterated Android 2.2 Rocks only on the N1

But bloatware has come with FRF91 as well

Twitter and Facebook
    are two additions that come to mind

in addition to the eclair preexistent

Amazon MP3
    Google Voice
    etc

but you dont end up paying for twitter and facebook... those are free.

Quote Originally Posted by eZdoesit View Post
    but you dont end up paying for twitter and facebook... those are free.
    LOL - You pay alright :rofl3:

really?

for both?

@ eZdoesit

My comment suggests you pay, maybe not in fees, but you pay w/ loss of privacy, sensitive data collected, marketing, etc.

Ever notice all the adds that seem to be targeting you and the types of things you've been reading or posting online? All the topics you respond to at Twitter, all the posts, photos, info you post at Facebook, et al are collected, milled, mass processed and marketed right back at you and everyone else that falls into your demographic of age group, country of origin, region, sexual preference, favorite food, color, etc.

Every time I post a link at Twitter, within seconds no less than 30 bots follow and scrape that content. When you put anything up at Facebook... that info, photo, whatever is no longer your property, it now belongs to them. Read their TOS.

So whether you think you do or not, you pay

Well, you're using a GOOGLE phone. All your emails, searches, buzzes, purchases, etc. are all being used for the same purposes; to better target their advertisements.

Well they are annoying if you don't use Twitter or Facebook. But I think the whole "Bloatware" thing means apps that come with a free trial. Then after a bit ask you to pay and you can't uninstall them, then they're just useless apps taking space.

There's nothing on the Nexus One which can be described as bloatware really... Well I spose you could include Amazon MP3 which annoys me. But at least all the stock apps on the Nexus are full featured.

Honestly, you can't even really call it bloatware or compare it to bloatware on PCs because there is one HUGE difference. Bloatware from PCs can be uninstalled. It's actually more closely tied to Malware in my opinion. I'm actually surprised little has been done to fight it since Microsoft got hit with their huge antitrust lawsuit over them doing the exact same thing.

I like to call it Spamware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links