Skype?

This is a discussion on Skype? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Working fine here in uk...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skype?

Working fine here in uk

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Working fine here in uk
    Same here. But no video calling available yet.

Now it's officially available for Android. m.skype.com

Reading the market reviews it sounds like it's a pig (10-14MB) with no Apps2SD ability...

Skype finally on Nexus One?

Hi everyone.

I just got word that Skype is finally available for the Nexus One.

Skype app arrives in Android Market, WiFi-only in the US -- Engadget

I am in rural China at the moment and I can't see it on my N1 marketplace with or without using my VPN. Can someone confirm that this is indeed now working on the N1? And if so, would it be possible to get the .apk from somewhere other than the market?

Thanks for any help and info.

-neven

already posted mate see below

Really! Sorry 'bout that. I should learn to search more. I got excited. On spotty 3G and GoogleTV and Skype for N1 release the same week! Can't wait to get back to Beijing to my real connection.

It won't let me download, but I did get the link and it's forwarding me to the market. Guess in time... Thanks!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by neven11 View Post
    Really! Sorry 'bout that. I should learn to search more. I got excited. On spotty 3G and GoogleTV and Skype for N1 release the same week! Can't wait to get back to Beijing to my real connection.

It won't let me download, but I did get the link and it's forwarding me to the market. Guess in time... Thanks!

Cheers!
    no probs mate we're all enjoying the news

HEY!

Anyone has tried Skype to Skype Calls on a 3G network? I'm in the US so Skype for Android is restricted from calling BUT! If you are outside the US you can do Skype to Skype calls over 3G. Or at least that is my theory. Can someone please let us know.

<off topic>
    But related. I can't believe they blocked US users for using 3G for calls, just because they made a deal with Verizon everyone else gets screwed. I think wireless providers are not too happy with the idea of people calling over the internet on their 3G network. I guess it as a threat to them and that could end up making them loose tons of money. Like if they didn't have enough already. </off topic>

Quote Originally Posted by alzakx View Post
    HEY!

Anyone has tried Skype to Skype Calls on a 3G network? I'm in the US so Skype for Android is restricted from calling BUT! If you are outside the US you can do Skype to Skype calls over 3G. Or at least that is my theory. Can someone please let us know.

<off topic>
    But related. I can't believe they blocked US users for using 3G for calls, just because they made a deal with Verizon everyone else gets screwed. I think wireless providers are not too happy with the idea of people calling over the internet on their 3G network. I guess it as a threat to them and that could end up making them loose tons of money. Like if they didn't have enough already. </off topic>

I tried a test call over 3g yesterday and it seemed to work ok. not as smooth as 3g over iphone, but then again I have the same problem with 3g voip on the android as compared to the iphone in general.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Now it's officially available for Android. m.skype.com

Reading the market reviews it sounds like it's a pig (10-14MB) with no Apps2SD ability...
    +1 waiting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links