Is LauncherPro better?

This is a discussion on Is LauncherPro better? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just wanted to take a quick vote, and see if those who have gone over to LauncherPro are much happier with their N1 since using ...

View Poll Results: Should the HangApp feature become a standard on Android phones?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 40.00%
  • No

1 20.00%
  • Possibly, not sure yet

2 40.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is LauncherPro better?

Is LauncherPro better?

Just wanted to take a quick vote, and see if those who have gone over to LauncherPro are much happier with their N1 since using this app?

Maybe the challenge will be to see how many unsatisfied users (if any) we can find.

Cheers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

ADW takes the Cake
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I love it. So much smoother than stock, or any other one I tried. So customizable. I love how you can have one to seven home screens, and one to three dock screens. Plus the ability to use live wallpapers is great. The scrollable widgets that come with the plus version is icing on the cake.

If I could purchase the pro version off the market, I would. I don't have a paypal account.

Just switched over from Home++ last week. No force closes or issues that I encountered on the other program. The apps load twice as fast and no lag time on the screens. :nexusx:

I have LP and I love it. But the problem is it sometimes fc and restart, WTH! I don't know what causes this. Anyone come across fc's and restart on LP?

I haven't had a FC with LP but just a half hour ago...from Handcent (haven't updated yet with today's update - watching comments to roll in from Nexus One users)...I had the Handcent window open to a message and tapped the call button. The screen window prompted like usual...asking me to confirm placing a call. I tapped the OK button and the screen went black - like it was going to switch to the phone app but it never happened. I had to do a battery pull to get my phone back to working order.
    Is this LP related? Handcent related? Should I wipe my phone and start over? I ask that because this is the second battery pull in probably 5 days time but I don't remember what prompted the first battery pull.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I haven't had a FC with LP but just a half hour ago...from Handcent (haven't updated yet with today's update - watching comments to roll in from Nexus One users)...I had the Handcent window open to a message and tapped the call button. The screen window prompted like usual...asking me to confirm placing a call. I tapped the OK button and the screen went black - like it was going to switch to the phone app but it never happened. I had to do a battery pull to get my phone back to working order.
    Is this LP related? Handcent related? Should I wipe my phone and start over? I ask that because this is the second battery pull in probably 5 days time but I don't remember what prompted the first battery pull.

Luckily, I've never got to the point where I needed to pull out the battery. I'm not sure if any related apps caused that though. Check out Launchpro.com forums and see if you can find any users that have the same scenario. I'm really hoping LP will get an update soon to rectify the issues. Doing a wipe could possibly correct that. But do a nandroid backup first in case the same issue arises then you can restore. I'll let you do the wipe instead, hehehe, maybe you can update us later on.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post

Luckily, I've never got to the point where I needed to pull out the battery. I'm not sure if any related apps caused that though. Check out Launchpro.com forums and see if you can find any users that have the same scenario. I'm really hoping LP will get an update soon to rectify the issues. Doing a wipe could possibly correct that. But do a nandroid backup first in case the same issue arises then you can restore. I'll let you do the wipe instead, hehehe, maybe you can update us later on.
    Thanks for the lead to the forum. I will hold off on a wipe until my 3rd or maybe 4th battery pull and then wipe she goes!

I wouldn't say I'm "much" happier... but I do really like LP. I haven't had any issues with it at all and only recently discovered that the bottom row of icons (dock bar?) slide independently of the main windows. I just paid for the "plus" version because he deserves some money for continued development. Although I haven't used any of the "plus" features yet...

I love the way you can hide unused icons from the 3D app drawer. This is really cool because with desktop icons or other quick-launch short cuts, there's no need for a duplicate icon in the drawer slowing things down.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links