Lookout app.

This is a discussion on Lookout app. within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just wonted to no if anyone has tried lookout and what your thoughts are. I just downloaded it and so far it seams to do ...

Thread: Lookout app.

Lookout app.

Just wonted to no if anyone has tried lookout and what your thoughts are. I just downloaded it and so far it seams to do it jobs.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i've been using it for a few weeks now and am quite happy with it, hth

I use both lookout and wavesecure side by side and I couldn't feel safer. I know at the press of a button I can back up the entire device and kill the stolen one then imprint the backup on the new phone and it would be like cloning

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Lookout is very good. Simple but yet powerful. Love it!

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

I just ran a scan and all It does is scan your apps. So keep that in mind if you aren't inclined to backup your files.

Where does it backup to? How do I retrieve the backup? How secure is backingup to a server? I travel and keep pics of my gf to keep me thinking of her.... wink wink, nudge nudge!

I've been using lookout for a couple/few months... until recently its been fine, however - this morning there was an update that locks up before finishing, I tried a few times...

Now when I go to marketplace downloads, its listed there as "free" instead of "installed" - even though its still on the phone and running (old version I guess since the update never took).

Also, I'm very disturbed by all the access it has = I understand it needs access to scan for security, but if you read the info prior to downloading, it has access to areas and features that just dont seem necessary (and why does it need to edit, delete, modify, etc)?

Anyway - I have liked the app until today... I didnt want to start a new thread, but am hoping someone knowledgeable can comment on the new update issue and the access concerns.

tia

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneToo View Post
    I've been using lookout for a couple/few months... until recently its been fine, however - this morning there was an update that locks up before finishing, I tried a few times...

Now when I go to marketplace downloads, its listed there as "free" instead of "installed" - even though its still on the phone and running (old version I guess since the update never took).

Also, I'm very disturbed by all the access it has = I understand it needs access to scan for security, but if you read the info prior to downloading, it has access to areas and features that just dont seem necessary (and why does it need to edit, delete, modify, etc)?

Anyway - I have liked the app until today... I didnt want to start a new thread, but am hoping someone knowledgeable can comment on the new update issue and the access concerns.

tia
    Try clearing the data on app and market. Don't know if it will help but it might.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfusionb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneToo View Post

tia
    Try clearing the data on app and market. Don't know if it will help but it might.
    yep thanks, clearing the data allowed the download to take - but it was basically like starting over, had to re-register... at least it's installed. Still a little miffed about the access allocations... oh well, I guess it is what it is ~

Glad it work for you. But still testing lookout so far I have like it though, has not slowed any thing down and if I forget where I put my phone lookout makes it easy to find.

^^^ decent features - but it cost $ (which many do not) and the reviewer couldn't get it to wipe the phone entirely (not a very good endorsement vid)...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links