Android 2.2 Root?

This is a discussion on Android 2.2 Root? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Completely new to Android. I am still learning and getting used to interface. I just purchased nexus one with 2.2 OS. Was wondering if this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android 2.2 Root?

Android 2.2 Root?

Completely new to Android. I am still learning and getting used to interface.

I just purchased nexus one with 2.2 OS. Was wondering if this can be rooted yet?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes.

Here's a whole thread on it:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ock-frf91.html

After rooting will void your N1 warranty, right?

Or you could use this new 1 click root app that somebody just posted.

[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 - xda-developers

Looks pretty sweet, I would do it myself if I hadn't already rooted my phone.

And why should I root?

Quote Originally Posted by tcobu View Post
    And why should I root?
    So you could get a sweet ad blocking program to block all the ads in your programs and stuff. Like this. Then there are some other apps out there that are cool that require root access.

AdFree Android - Android app on AppBrain

Quote Originally Posted by london25 View Post
    Completely new to Android. I am still learning and getting used to interface.

I just purchased nexus one with 2.2 OS. Was wondering if this can be rooted yet?

Thanks.

Here is the easiest way to root. Just view this thread: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tructions.html

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

how long have u had ur phone? i would suggest if u have maybe less than a week or 2 u should mess with it untill u get tired/bored, and then root.

+1 on that, considering there is a 1 click root thread on this forum.

If you just jump in you are going to have a lot of problems. Learn the phone inside out, read guides and forums till you got a good idea exactly what you want to do, how to do it, and why you are doing certain steps. There are several threads going on now on this forum in active topics and I am getting the feeling too many people are just jumping in. I spent weeks pouring over searches before I tried to root and flash roms. I have been doing the flashing for a month or two and still don't understand all of it and have messed up a lot.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tcobu View Post
    And why should I root?
    So you could get a sweet ad blocking program to block all the ads in your programs and stuff.
    Great way to kill off the ad-sponsored free apps business. I've not had to pay directly for a single app yet. All I've had to do is accept that the app author chose to try and get remunerated via ads instead of direct payment for their hard work. The ads don't even get in the way - they just sit at the top or bottom of the screen causing nobody any harm.

If I ever write an app and choose the much higher downloads route of trying to get recompensed for my work via ads, I'll be building in some sort of ad-verification. If the ad isn't appearing because of an ad blocker, then the app won't work.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links