Put apps on SD Card?

This is a discussion on Put apps on SD Card? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; As you all know, in the new Froyo 2.2 (or Android 2.2), you can now store apps right to your SD card which i find ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Put apps on SD Card?

Put apps on SD Card?

As you all know, in the new Froyo 2.2 (or Android 2.2), you can now store apps right to your SD card which i find very helpful to save space!

I was wondering, not all apps can do this and the phone has a small amount of space so i was wondering what kind of apps can be put into the SD card and how to put other apps into SD card

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There's a lot of misinformation about this. Applications have been storing their data to the sd card since day one(newsrob, doggcatcher,many others), all froyo does is provide a formal mechanism for developers to offload their data. To me it's pointless hunting down applications that use this, far more important is to tag the ones that gobble up 15 M for game data(for example). Most apps might save just a couple of K of data. The data is the key thing here, not the application. You'll find it common with ported games - they tend to only go so far in custom porting the code.
    I think it's more useful to point out the piggies, especially if you think the application is a good one(isn't that sort of the point? Who cares whether the card is used or not if the application sucks?)

DT

Quote Originally Posted by DThor View Post
    There's a lot of misinformation about this. Applications have been storing their data to the sd card since day one(newsrob, doggcatcher,many others), all froyo does is provide a formal mechanism for developers to offload their data. To me it's pointless hunting down applications that use this, far more important is to tag the ones that gobble up 15 M for game data(for example). Most apps might save just a couple of K of data. The data is the key thing here, not the application. You'll find it common with ported games - they tend to only go so far in custom porting the code.
    I think it's more useful to point out the piggies, especially if you think the application is a good one(isn't that sort of the point? Who cares whether the card is used or not if the application sucks?)

DT
    Good point. I Hate Piggies!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Question Is "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" ? ....

Thanks you Guys!
    BUT
    Wouldn't Piggies be based on Opinions

Is "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" ? .... http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...n-move-sd.html

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DThor View Post

DT
    Good point. I Hate Piggies!

Some apps are so small its pointless to move to SD. Then there are the Big Boys that take up lots of space like games with nice graphics. Those big boys are what this app2sd is best for IMO.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Google Earth needs to be able to be moved to the SD card.

Yup. Great app. Crappy footprint.

DT

I just reinstalled Layar Browser !!!

Thanks to Odin

Quote Originally Posted by odin View Post
    61) Layar
    62) Jewels
    63) 2 player reactor
    64) GPS Test
    65) Trap!
    66) Bubble Popper
    67) Exchange Rates
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...n-move-sd.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermrz View Post
    ...you can now store apps right to your SD card ...not all apps can do this...
    You can force *all* apps to the SD card, however some app features (requiring widget type interfaces) may not work as intended.

How to force apps to move to the SD card on Froyo the green code blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links