Voice Search update

This is a discussion on Voice Search update within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; im not using any nightlys and my voice commands dont work!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Voice Search update

im not using any nightlys and my voice commands dont work!

Quote Originally Posted by wondermixx View Post
    I was prompted to a text to speech app from the market when I tried to navigate using voice search. Installed app and its working fine now. All other are working for me just fine.

N1 rooted CM6 (no nightly's).

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    I was prompted to a text to speech app from the market when I tried to navigate using voice search. Installed app and its working fine now. All other are working for me just fine.

can u tell me what app that was cs i search under text to speech and nothing comes up, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post

can u tell me what app that was cs i search under text to speech and nothing comes up, thanks.
    Its called: SpeechSynthesis Data Installer"

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    iPhoneSlayer,

How is CW Mod working for you? I use AmonRa, VERY good. But, thought about trying CW also. I am still researching on using both at the same time on the phone. Some people have had issues with CW. It is my initial understanding I can just reflash either from the choice box at bottom of Rom Manager. And, if I flash AmonRa, i just back out of Rom Manager and use it as i am now. Then go back and flash CW when I want to use it. Sounds to easy.

Ken
    Ya. I also think it's the nightly Im using. CW is working great..well actually when I checked the latest nightly today, it only showed up to 8/10. Which is weird because I flashed a 8/12 version two nights ago. Any ways, I still enjoy CW recovery; it made things a lot easier for me. I'm not sure how CW and AmonRA work together but that is cool if they do. I already purchased the premium version of CW so I'm gonna stick with it for a while

EDIT: You're right. There's on option in CW for Alternate Recovery and gives an option for RA recovery.
    Thanks iPhoneSlayer,

I thought that and am still reading other CWM forums on using both. I am on installing CWM with AmonRa, where a lot of you were recently with deciding to root. I may just have to take the plunge and play with it.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Lets keep this OT about Voice Search please.

I think the voice part is mute. Might wanna close thread.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Voice Search alternate

Hi If you can't install voice search you could try another app called edwin
    It is almost the same. Sorry I don't have the link but you could check it out on you tube. Best news is that it is free. Sorry if this is off topic
    Dave
    Link for you tube [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLj16nD0yUE]YouTube - Edwin speech recognition app for Google Android[/ame]

I have the same problem with set alarm? Any updates on that?

Yes, it is being worked on by Google. Earlier post mentioned that and said you will be given a Google link about it when you click on get app from market.

From Google Support page:

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the confusion, but xxxxx is correct in that we're still working on updating the clock app in Android Market. We jumped the gun a bit by announcing the 'set alarm' voice action. I'll respond back here when I have an update regarding when you can check back in Market for the clock app.

Thanks so much for your patience!

-Zinn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links