Voice Search update

This is a discussion on Voice Search update within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; It's in the Market now. Google ups the ante on voice search with all new Voice Actions | Android Central...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Voice Search update

Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had been searching for this in the market all afternoon under "voice actions". I didn't realize that it was just an update to voice search. Good to know.

I got everything to work except I can not get it to set the alarm clock. It keeps telling me to update the alarm clock to the latest version, I check the market with no luck. Anybody no how to do this? Any help would be appreciate.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

They still don't get a North Indian Accent

When I tried the "set alarm" feature, it gave the message about the clock update was needed and a button to get it. However, when I clicked that it took me to a page that explained they were still working on the update to the clock app and it would be ready soon.

Guess we have to wait on that one. Otherwise, this is really a big improvement to the voice options. Works like a charm for me.

Don't know if anyone else had this problem but when I tried to install from the market I kept on getting the message "installation incomplete". I then went and uninstalled the stock voice search and tried to install but received the same message. I re-booted my phone and tried to install from the market again and that time the install was complete.

I just thought to let everyone know in case they have the same problem. Voice search is working great with exception to setting the alarm but we know why so no biggie.

Rooted N1 with CM6

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Don't know if anyone else had this problem but when I tried to install from the market I kept on getting the message "installation incomplete". I then went and uninstalled the stock voice search and tried to install but received the same message. I re-booted my phone and tried to install from the market again and that time the install was complete.

I just thought to let everyone know in case they have the same problem. Voice search is working great with exception to setting the alarm but we know why so no biggie.

Rooted N1 with CM6
    I am also running CM6 and uninstalled stock voice search..rebooted...installed successfully. But non of the voice commands worked. If i said to txt someone, the search box would open. I uninstalled and reinstalled google search also and still no luck. The new apps are there but they don't work how they are supposed to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the Aug 6 nightly, did what you did and it works very well. Good recognition.

I did see on the nightly forum some of the CM builds did have problems, which should be fixed.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

iPhoneSlayer,

How is CW Mod working for you? I use AmonRa, VERY good. But, thought about trying CW also. I am still researching on using both at the same time on the phone. Some people have had issues with CW. It is my initial understanding I can just reflash either from the choice box at bottom of Rom Manager. And, if I flash AmonRa, i just back out of Rom Manager and use it as i am now. Then go back and flash CW when I want to use it. Sounds to easy.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    iPhoneSlayer,

How is CW Mod working for you? I use AmonRa, VERY good. But, thought about trying CW also. I am still researching on using both at the same time on the phone. Some people have had issues with CW. It is my initial understanding I can just reflash either from the choice box at bottom of Rom Manager. And, if I flash AmonRa, i just back out of Rom Manager and use it as i am now. Then go back and flash CW when I want to use it. Sounds to easy.

Ken
    Ya. I also think it's the nightly Im using. CW is working great..well actually when I checked the latest nightly today, it only showed up to 8/10. Which is weird because I flashed a 8/12 version two nights ago. Any ways, I still enjoy CW recovery; it made things a lot easier for me. I'm not sure how CW and AmonRA work together but that is cool if they do. I already purchased the premium version of CW so I'm gonna stick with it for a while

EDIT: You're right. There's on option in CW for Alternate Recovery and gives an option for RA recovery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links