Does Nexus One support GPS with Voice Navigation?

This is a discussion on Does Nexus One support GPS with Voice Navigation? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I am a newbee to this forum. Thanks to all as I have got many useful information. I am using Vodafone GPRS Edge for ...

Thread: Does Nexus One support GPS with Voice Navigation?

Does Nexus One support GPS with Voice Navigation?

Hi,

I am a newbee to this forum. Thanks to all as I have got many useful information.

I am using Vodafone GPRS Edge for my Nexus One as a provider. When I use the inbuilt GPS, I dont get voice navigation. It just shows me in the map.

Aswell, the map is not moving along with my location. I have to manually move the map else the blue arrow disappears.

Any pointers in this would be helpful.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Could it be that you opened the Maps application instead of the Navigation application? Check you app drawer for a Navigation icon, and open that. It will automatically open GPS for you if it isn't already running.

Copilot live is an app that has turn by turn directions with voice support, there may be other apps but copilot is the best (maps only aviable for US, some european)

Yes, you want use the app called "Navigation." But if you are in "Maps" you can also push the settings button, then push Directions, then fill in the address, then "go." that will activate the typical navigation system you are accustomed to with the road ahead, etc...

This is all assuming you have a data plan. If you do not (and you're like me) you want to use the app "Copilot Live" which stores all the maps on your SD card. I really love CoPilot Live and it has surprisingly replaced my Garmin Nuvi as my go to nav sys

also make sure you have the latest maps app. look in the market
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links