Missed Call App

This is a discussion on Missed Call App within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; eriks missed call works...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missed Call App

eriks missed call
    works
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    eriks missed call
    works
    I agree. In fact it's the only app of it's kind that does as it says. The developer made a specific version for nexus one (Missed Call for Android 2.x) which leaves out the settings for the LED color for missed calls/incoming calls. Unlike Blink...which leaves you to believe a voice mail can blink a color.

The developer kind of summed it up with this post. I found another which was more specific but I can not find it at the moment.

missed_Call (missed_Call) on Twitter

You're talking about regular missed call. Eriks missed call us a different application. I can't find it on the market anymore, but you can do a search on this forum about it
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    You're talking about regular missed call. Eriks missed call us a different application. I can't find it on the market anymore, but you can do a search on this forum about it
    Yeah, the regular missed call is for older phones. He made a new one for nexus one running froyo that leaves out the led color and freq option for calls because he says its impossible since froyo. You can however still assign custom led colors to sms and mms but nothing related to calls or voicemail.

His app does an excellent job blinking blue for my sms though. Nothing wrpng with the app...you need to root to get custom led for calls and voicemail

I searched to see how far along the developer was in finding a solution only to find a post dated earlier this month essentially saying it is not possible until google allows it (this is for calls and voicemail not SMS)

Have you tried Blink? It somewhat works with the Nexus One.

My experience with BLINK app:
    Incoming Calls - Only flashes once with colour, then back to the usual white.
    Missed Calls - Works if the screen is off/sleep. mine flashes purple
    SMS & MMS- works great. (screen is off/sleep)
    Low Battery - works great. (screen is off/sleep)

The thing with Blink is that it doesn't work when the screen is on and the developer has mentioned this as well. Dunno if he's trying to get a fix on this yet. I figure thats why the incoming calls don't 'blink' properly cuz the screen turns on.

If you're thinking that this is now a useless app because half of it doesn't even work properly, well thats all up to how much you like the notifications. I used to have a Blackberry Curve 8900 & Bold 9700 and the colour notifications on those were awesome (after installing an app of course)! So if this is the best I can get without rooting, i'll take it!! :D

As for email, I use Gmail Notifier so I can get the colour trackball.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links