Missed Call App

This is a discussion on Missed Call App within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Has anyone gotten this to work on your Nexus One. I love it because it has so many vibrate settings that repeat after a missed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missed Call App

Missed Call App

Has anyone gotten this to work on your Nexus One. I love it because it has so many vibrate settings that repeat after a missed call etc... and it works well. The problem is I cant get the track light to work. I really want it blue to see in the car with the sunlight?

Is it working for anyone else?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

it worked for me when 2.2 first came out version 51 or something like that
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

I just use Google voice. Can't get any better than that.

After much research i found my answer.

It is currently impossible for any app to have custom LED colors for a missed call or incoming call on an unrooted Nexus One running Froyo 2.2. In addition, Trackball blinking frequency can not be altered.

Despite what many apps claim...this is impossible currently. SMS LED customization is possible, though.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    I just use Google voice. Can't get any better than that.

this

Please excuse my ignorance!

I know very little about Google Voice. Does missed calls/voicemails have a colored trackball LED with GV?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkdrain View Post
    After much research i found my answer.

It is currently impossible for any app to have custom LED colors for a missed call or incoming call on an unrooted Nexus One running Froyo 2.2. In addition, Trackball blinking frequency can not be altered.

Despite what many apps claim...this is impossible currently. SMS LED customization is possible, though.
    This is not true. I am running hand sent sms. And gmail notifier, and both change the color off the track ball no root. And google voice has nothing to do with track ball color.
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

You are talking about sms...

It IS impossible (currently) to change the color and freq of the track ball for missed calls and voicemail msgs. (unrooted). For example, Blink's LED Color settings for missed calls/Voice messages will NOT ever work on a Nexus One. SMS messages can be assigned colors for the trackball. I'm more concerned with voice mail because in my car the direct light makes it hard to see the blinking white led and the super slow freq makes it pretty useless. Obviously Google wants Nexus One owners to avoid their carriers voicemail, etc and use Google Voice instead where the notifier is a useful fast blinking green LED.

I did experiment a bit with google voice and I love how a GVoice message makes the ball blink green and at a wonderfully fast fequency. The nexus one does this automatically out of the box with no special apps. Google must have locked down those functions to only work with google voice so that ouside apps can't mess with it. Shame!!!

I don't care much about the blinking LED. I have "Executive Assistant" app installed in my FRF 91 2.2 Froyo. I like it because it shows on the screen: missed call, sms & email. Highly recommended app to get.
    Cheers mate!!

Cool, I'll check it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links