IPod Apps > Nexus One? Possibility

This is a discussion on IPod Apps > Nexus One? Possibility within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Okay, dont laugh at me and my post. Im new to this stuff so its worth taking a chance at asking. Now, as we all ...

Thread: IPod Apps > Nexus One? Possibility

IPod Apps > Nexus One? Possibility

Okay, dont laugh at me and my post. Im new to this stuff so its worth taking a chance at asking.

Now, as we all know, Nexus One does not play media files like .wma so we have to convert them to .mp3 in order for them to work.

Now, pretend we have an app that works on the IPod Touch/IPhone, those files would be .ipa or something like. What happens if we can try to convert them into .apk files? Will it actually work? Think of it!

If we got IPod Touch/IPhone apps working with the Nexus One. That means we are able to install both Android and Apple apps! Then it would truly be an IPhone killer!

What do you guys think?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    I think that is impossible,

Android and iOS are two completely different operating systems.

Apps for apple are built for iOS,
    Apps for andorid are built for android

Thats my most developers port their apps to android, basicly a copy/paste job and rewrite some code so it will work, which is why many ports play horribly, horribly badly.

The software must be build around the OS, completely different OS so they cannot be simply converted.

However, emulator anyone?

I can't think of a single app apple has that android doesn't that I would want.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links