LauncherPro Widget Problem

This is a discussion on LauncherPro Widget Problem within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; After typing out a long email to the developer, I am referred to his forum on this app...I went to the log and will play ...

Thread: LauncherPro Widget Problem

LauncherPro Widget Problem

After typing out a long email to the developer, I am referred to his forum on this app...I went to the log and will play his game and post a log...but in the mean time...

Is anyone else using the free version (I don't have a PayPal account) and having the screen freeze with a light orange box?

This issue, is a pain and I can duplicate it by trying to resize a widget on my screen but sometimes it happens where there is no widget for it to resize and I have no idea how that orange box appeared on my screen. I have to go into settings, manage apps, and Force Stop LauncherPro, hit home key, I get a black screen with the bottom of my phone app, hit the home key again and it is back to normal.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    After typing out a long email to the developer, I am referred to his forum on this app...I went to the log and will play his game and post a log...but in the mean time...

Is anyone else using the free version (I don't have a PayPal account) and having the screen freeze with a light orange box?

This issue, is a pain and I can duplicate it by trying to resize a widget on my screen but sometimes it happens where there is no widget for it to resize and I have no idea how that orange box appeared on my screen. I have to go into settings, manage apps, and Force Stop LauncherPro, hit home key, I get a black screen with the bottom of my phone app, hit the home key again and it is back to normal.
    I thought the capability for resizing widgets was only in the paid version. Nevertheless, when you see that box, it has a resize indicator in the lower right of the window. Grabbing that will allow you to resize any widget. To finish the resizing, hit the back button and it saves your changes and returns to a normal home screen.

If you don't have the paid version, you may not see that resizing indicator, but hitting the back button should set things back to normal for you. It "happens" when you long hold on a widget. That's the indicator you may want to resize it (or just trash it as usual, if you no longer want it).

Thanks Maris for the reply. Hitting the back button does make it go away. Don't know why I didn't try that before. Strangest thing, the screen will not respond after I get the orange box. The home button takes me to the home screen but leaves that box in the same spot on the screen. I hit the back button and the app window opens up asking me if I want to buy the pro version.
    I roll my eyes at myself for not trying the back button to begin with.
    Thanks again.

Long press on a widget in launcherpro will turn it orange for resizing the widget. If you don't have plus then you can still select to resize but after hitting the back button you will get a nag screen asking you to purchase launcherpro plus.

Thanks for the replies Maris and dalavar.
    I found and am now trying ADW launcher. Different functions, lighter foot print.
    Scalable widgets for free (I currently have the default analog clock on my home screen in 1x1 and it looks pretty neat.
    There are also themes for ADW & some of them are free.

lol @ the back button. I was having the same problem and it never even occurred to me. lol - thanks

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links