To Update or Not to Update... THAT is the Question

This is a discussion on To Update or Not to Update... THAT is the Question within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; There are certain apps/widgets such as the Silent Mode Toggle Widget and Multicon Widget, that work fine, but are asking me to update them... My ...

Thread: To Update or Not to Update... THAT is the Question

Question To Update or Not to Update... THAT is the Question

There are certain apps/widgets such as the Silent Mode Toggle Widget and Multicon Widget, that work fine, but are asking me to update them...

My questions -

1) Why should i "Auto update" if i'm not facing any problems

and

2) Why should I "Manual update" (and give more permissions) if the description of the update has nothing in it of value (like move to SD on Froyo)?

I ask this because i'm a scaredy cat, and don't like leaving/ignoring software update requests ... usually

Any wisdom/ advice?
    THANK YOU!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I do understand the thought process "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"
    I haven't enabled Auto Update for any of my apps. I read the comments before I update any app.
    I have had problems with Handcent in the past and learned my lesson (having to restore from an Astro backup of the app).
    Most of the updates fix bugs that have been found OR they add new features to the app.
    Hope this helps with your questions.

thank you david,

I've figured out a work around...

For apps or widgets that I don't want to update
    .... I start the update process and then CANCEL DOWNLOAD! Before the download starts or installs

After this I've found that the non updated items do not update when I 'UPDATE ALL'

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links