Unable to open PDFs

This is a discussion on Unable to open PDFs within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I'm a Nexus-noob so please be gentle. This is also my first smartphone, so I'm trying to play catchup with all the things these ...

Thread: Unable to open PDFs

Unhappy Unable to open PDFs

Hi, I'm a Nexus-noob so please be gentle. This is also my first smartphone, so I'm trying to play catchup with all the things these phones can do. Anyway, so far I've downloaded and installed 4 or 5 PDF apps including Adobe's and when I try to open a pdf from my email, I always get the same message, "Download unsuccessful. Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone." I'm also searching for an app in the Market for Powerpoint Viewer but the results say none available. Could this really be so, or am I just doing wrong stuff.
    Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Sidestick View Post
    Hi, I'm a Nexus-noob so please be gentle. This is also my first smartphone, so I'm trying to play catchup with all the things these phones can do. Anyway, so far I've downloaded and installed 4 or 5 PDF apps including Adobe's and when I try to open a pdf from my email, I always get the same message, "Download unsuccessful. Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone." I'm also searching for an app in the Market for Powerpoint Viewer but the results say none available. Could this really be so, or am I just doing wrong stuff.
    Thanks.
    For powerpoint, try "DocumentsToGo". That has a powerpoint viewer and a pdf reader. May have to pay to unlock those features though.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Quote Originally Posted by Sidestick View Post
    Thanks.
    I'm on a stock Froyo Nexus One and I can open pdf docs from email attachments. The only Adobe anything on my phone is the flash app.

How large is the PDF file? If it's more than just a page or two, you might need to download it first and then open it. I keep a lot of PDF technical manuals on my phone and have found that RepliGo Reader is the best app for dealing with larger PDF files. I do have Documents To Go, but find RepliGo handles them much better. It also works with the ones with DRM, just put in the password and open. Docs To Go couldn't handle those.

Ok, I got it to work, in a way anyway. I was trying before to download & view the attachments by logging into my hotmail account from the browser. It still doesn't work, the same error comes up and I've deleted all the PDF viewer apps. However, I've now, which I didn't do before, opened the 'email' app and set it up. Now from there I can access the pps and and pdf attachments. Can anyone say why it doesn't work from the browser?
    Thanks for the replies.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links