Improved email

This is a discussion on Improved email within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; There is a new application out called Improved Email. It is based off the stock email application and includes a SELECT-ALL feature. FINALLY. Improved Email ...

Thread: Improved email

Improved email

There is a new application out called Improved Email. It is based off the stock email application and includes a SELECT-ALL feature.

FINALLY.

Improved Email - Android app on AppBrain

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Very Cool! Thanks, man!

Anytime. At least someone other than me downloaded it! =).

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

seems to be a nice email app
    but it still doesn't retrict the size of downloaded incoming email.......
    not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by schizophrenia View Post
    seems to be a nice email app
    but it still doesn't retrict the size of downloaded incoming email.......
    not good enough.
    I was grandfathered to Unlimited Data with AT&T so I don't need to restrict my data. This is why it's such a good app for me =). Too bad it's not good enough for you, because it's a great app.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Just so you know, the improved email app is *identical* to what is in CyanogenMod - I see you're on RC3 - the select all will be in release (it is currently in the nightlies if you want to use those). I made it a market app to get extra feedback from a larger portion of the Android userbase, and it lets me track any FC's it gets.

More improvements coming - but they'll be in CM before they get to Improved Email - I'll look into attachment limiting, but I think right now it doesn't even download attachments until you click on them.

Quote Originally Posted by mtwebster View Post
    Just so you know, the improved email app is *identical* to what is in CyanogenMod - I see you're on RC3 - the select all will be in release (it is currently in the nightlies if you want to use those). I made it a market app to get extra feedback from a larger portion of the Android userbase, and it lets me track any FC's it gets.

More improvements coming - but they'll be in CM before they get to Improved Email - I'll look into attachment limiting, but I think right now it doesn't even download attachments until you click on them.
    CM6 RC3 is good enough for me. I was a fan of the nightlies, but it became more of a habit than a need. I would be flashing every other night for improvements that no one even knew of =).

As of right now, in RC3, Select all doesn't exist. Like you said, it will be in the final release, so in the mean time I can use this app. It's sad that Cyanogen has to implement a select all feature. Something that Google should of done when they first released Android. It's common sense. I just don't understand how Google employees have yet to come to terms with the Android development and implement a simple SELECT ALL feature. I'm sure they get hundreds of e-mails and individually selecting each e-mail to delete is just painstaking.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

It's my opinion Google didn't implement it and hasn't made any improvements on purpose (other than exchange support for business users). Why would they make a fully functional email program for competing email providers when they would prefer everyone use gmail?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    It's my opinion Google didn't implement it and hasn't made any improvements on purpose (other than exchange support for business users). Why would they make a fully functional email program for competing email providers when they would prefer everyone use gmail?
    Well then why didn't they put the select all feature in the GMail application? It's not just the stock e-mail app, it's GMail as well. Having a SELECT ALL feature doesn't threaten e-mail providers. You are using the e-mail providers incoming and outgoing servers, just as you would when checking it via web based.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links