App Inventor

This is a discussion on App Inventor within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just received it. Took at least a month.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: App Inventor

Just received it. Took at least a month....

That's so cool man, wish u had gotten selected! How is it??

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I really like this approach. You can download a java program which enables you to code in 'blocks' (like assembling lego's and only certain peices will fit in certain places. For me it's alot to learn though, becasue of the variable settings.

I'll play more when I can hook my Nexus up to my PC. This will make, what they say, an interative experience while coding.

I received my access a couple of days ago after applying when it first was announced. I'm a little disappointed. I worked through some of the tutorial examples. I appreciate what they've done with the "building block" approach, but it seems a little awkward to me. Also being limited to only one screen would seem to be a drawback to me. As mentioned, the completed apps are huge for what they are, although in the forum it mentions they are working on that.

I now see why the questions were so geared to educators. The concepts behind programming are visually presented, which can help with learning. I just can't see being able to create a substantial program of any kind with this tool.

I have applied 09/20 after 2 weeks of waiting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links