Speedtest.net

This is a discussion on Speedtest.net within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi. I live in Tampa, Florida but every time I go to use the speedtest app the server either comes up as Wilson, NC or ...

Thread: Speedtest.net

Speedtest.net

Hi. I live in Tampa, Florida but every time I go to use the speedtest app the server either comes up as Wilson, NC or as Atlanta, GA. Can anyone please assist me with this please? I look under the settings option but Tampa is not even listed.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What does Atlanta give you?

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    It's entirely possible that they don't have a server in Tampa.

Just use Atlanta and see what you get.
    I thought the same until I installed the app on my wife's unrooted N1 and hers found a Tampa server. Ugh...just when you thought you figured it all out. I am thinking of flashing the korean radio but wanted to do tests beforehand.

Thanks Beer for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    It's entirely possible that they don't have a server in Tampa.

Just use Atlanta and see what you get.
    I thought the same until I installed the app on my wife's unrooted N1 and hers found a Tampa server. Ugh...just when you thought you figured it all out. I am thinking of flashing the korean radio but wanted to do tests beforehand.

Thanks Beer for the help.
    You're welcome, sorry for being dumb the first time....

But really, you shouldn't see that much of a difference between Tampa and Atlanta. Also, if you're doing a relative test, it won't matter much.

Atlanta is showing me extremely slow at:

download: 0.56Mbps
    upload: 0.20Mbps

Tests are being conducted in the house. I flashed the wildmonk kernel yesterday. Could this have any effect. Prior to I was getting better speeds.

Its just frustrating. I have been reading so many posts on XDA on how to improve my speed and overall performance on my N1, but for the time being it seems that all of it has not done too much. I will keep tinkering and hopefully someday I will get it.

Again, mucho gracias.

I don't think there is much difference in anything you do. I have done many speed test, kernals etc. No big changes and you can mess up phone with some of those kernals if you oc too high.

Also, they are not always consistent.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links