if in the case i lost my phone is there an app that can help me find it???

This is a discussion on if in the case i lost my phone is there an app that can help me find it??? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; so is there an app out there that can help me find my phone if i ever lost my phone?? thank you for you help...

Thread: if in the case i lost my phone is there an app that can help me find it???

Question if in the case i lost my phone is there an app that can help me find it???

so is there an app out there that can help me find my phone if i ever lost my phone??

thank you for you help

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Recover Lost or Stolen Google Nexus One Mobile With Wavesecure | TechHail

I thought I read something about Chrome to Phone doing that too.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I was a big fan of MobileDefense but they have taken it off the market until they have an updated version for Froyo. Be on the lookout for that one too its pretty cool.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I just got an email that Wavesecure has been bought by McAfee! I wonder how this affects my supposed free-for-life status as an early adopter?

I use two different apps for this.
    "Lookout" and "Where's my Droid"

Lookout: "Antivirus" scanner, Online backup (call history, contacts), and a live map you can track your phone with (via PC web browser) with one click. Can also trigger a "locator" alarm that can only be silenced by resetting the phone.

Where's my Droid: Basic app more suited to finding misplaced phones. Can set two key phrases that (when received via text) trigger different actions.
    First one allows you to "ping" the GPS location of the phone and it will respond silently via text with the GPS coordinates and a link to google maps. (Assuming GPS is enabled)
    Second one triggers your ringtone for a predetermined amount of time (mine's set at 5 minutes) or until you click the BIG button on the screen labeled "Found Phone".
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

it isn't an app, but i have a ZOMM that hooks onto my keys that reminds me if i go too far away from my phone. i also use it to find my phone in the disaster area known as my house.
    kinda neat: ZOMM - Cell Phone Locator

Lookout is good..
    "I smell blood, something is calling me"

I personally use lookout but there is another one that is very good especially for rooted phone although it is not free its called thief aware and it rocks for phone recovery like I said especially if you are rooted. Instead of giving you all the details here is a post about it on android police Theft Aware 2.0 – The Most Ingenious Android Security Solution With The Best Root Integration We’ve Seen To Date. Really [Hands-On Review] | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Andro

Ads