Apps to my SD card?

This is a discussion on Apps to my SD card? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've had my N1 for a couple of months now, and I love it. My only complaint is the internal memory... What were they thinking? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apps to my SD card?

Apps to my SD card?

I've had my N1 for a couple of months now, and I love it.

My only complaint is the internal memory... What were they thinking?

I have a 16GB mem card installed, but with the limited apps that actually can be stored on the SD, I'm constantly getting the low mem warning.

Does anyone have a good solution to getting apps onto the SD without messing anything up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

cxm
    I assume that you have something like apps2sd that will scan and tell you if any other apps can be moved?

Failing that you are best rooting the phone so that you can move what you want

Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    I assume that you have something like apps2sd that will scan and tell you if any other apps can be moved?

Failing that you are best rooting the phone so that you can move what you want
    With Cyanogenmod you also get about an extra 20MB of free internal space. Honestly, I don't know how they do it.

A really good way to save done internal memory if to move the dalvik-cache into the cache folder. If your phone is rooted, then this should be an option in spare parts. I did this yesterday and it saved me about 70 mb.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by gotgame740 View Post
    A really good way to save done internal memory if to move the dalvik-cache into the cache folder. If your phone is rooted, then this should be an option in spare parts. I did this yesterday and it saved me about 70 mb.

i'm rooted running cyanogen 6 but don't see any such option in spare parts...

I don't see that option.

Also my concerning. My internal space was used up by apps. As I heard, Android 2.2 could install the apps from SD. Does that mean, first I unistall all the apps, then move the apk file to SD, an finally re-install the app? I don't have root privilege. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by thomascn View Post
    Also my concerning. My internal space was used up by apps. As I heard, Android 2.2 could install the apps from SD. Does that mean, first I unistall all the apps, then move the apk file to SD, an finally re-install the app? I don't have root privilege. Many thanks!
    It's not that complicated. You just go to the Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> [Choose the application that you want to move] -> Select "Move to SD card"

Before you start messing with the sd card back it up to pc or whatever.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links