Google Chrome to Phone for Android

This is a discussion on Google Chrome to Phone for Android within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I tinkered with it for a little bit and if you highlight something and then click the CTP button, it will send the link to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome to Phone for Android

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I tinkered with it for a little bit and if you highlight something and then click the CTP button, it will send the link to your clipboard. All you have to do is paste into a text field.

After messing with it, I find Fox To Phone much better.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I don't use Chrome Browser and I can tell you that Fox To Phone is 10x better.

It does what you are asking. You can right click a pic and will see option send pic to phone

Or highlight some text and right click and will see send text to phone.

You can also highlight a hyperlink and send that link to phone.

I believe the Chrome To Phone (chrome browser) is very basic in it's functionality.

I send pics to my phone all the time via Fox to Phone.
    the reason i asked is because, it advertises as:

"This extension adds a button to Chrome that lets you seamlessly pushes links, maps, and currently selected text and phone numbers to your Android device. " <----

But i can't figure out a way to do "selected text and phone numbers to your Android device"

But still thanks a lot....

LOL I also figured out that you can drag a pic to the phone icon and it will send for you. So basically you can drag pics and links and text to the phone icon with the Fox to Phone version.

Learned something new today.

:wine:
    Androidfied.

I believe you Highlight the Text on your PC, then click the Chrome 2 phone button and it will copy the text to your phones Clipboard.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by schizophrenia View Post

It does what you are asking. You can right click a pic and will see option send pic to phone

I believe the Chrome To Phone (chrome browser) is very basic in it's functionality.

"This extension adds a button to Chrome that lets you seamlessly pushes links, maps, and currently selected text and phone numbers to your Android device. " <----

But i can't figure out a way to do "selected text and phone numbers to your Android device"

YOu have to highlight what you want to send and click the button.
    Androidfied.

YOu have to highlight what you want to send and click the button.
    But I did highlight the text (text inside a webpage) and then click the Chrome to Phone button. it ended up sending the webpage to my phone, instead of just a "text". You know what i mean?

Seems like Firefox does a whole lot more.

cxm
    I'm using chrome - and if I highlight text and click the c-t-p button on the browser I get a notification saying text copied to clipboard

Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    I'm using chrome - and if I highlight text and click the c-t-p button on the browser I get a notification saying text copied to clipboard
    that sucks.... that means there is something wrong with either my Chrome brower, or my Chrome to Phone app, or my phone.

but thanks for verifying.

cxm
    that sucks.... that means there is something wrong with either my Chrome brower, or my Chrome to Phone app, or my phone.

you might try checking that you have the latest version of both the app and the chrome extension

I use Chrome Browser and just tried it by selecting some text on this page then clicking the CTP icon, and it worked. If you then go to your phone and select a notebook app (or somewhere you can paste text), long-press and then select paste, you will get only the text you highlighted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links