Google Chrome to Phone for Android

This is a discussion on Google Chrome to Phone for Android within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Chrome to Phone isn’t a new product — I’ve been using it since May. Chrome to Phone is a simple combination of a Chrome extension ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Google Chrome to Phone for Android

  1. #1
    Android Lurker afolery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    0

    Talking Google Chrome to Phone for Android


    Chrome to Phone isn’t a new product — I’ve been using it since May. Chrome to Phone is a simple combination of a Chrome extension and Android application that allows you to click one button in your browser, and sync what you were viewing right to your Android phone to be check out at a later time.

    Reading a news article but need to head out the door to drive to work? Simply click the Chrome to Phone button on your Chrome browser, launch the Chrome to Phone application on your Android device at work, and it immediately takes you to the webpage you were viewing at home so you can pick up right where you left off. I use this feature all the time, and assume many of you would as well.



    Google Chrome to Phone lets you easily share links, maps, and currently selected phone numbers and text between your computer running Chrome and your phone.


    Very handy! When using your computer’s browser, right-click on an image/link & send that link/image to phone. I used it just now to send an .mp3 link of a 101Mb DJ set to my phone – very simple! Very little hassle…

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    This is one of those apps you can easily forget about..so try to make it a regular routine...if you're like me, and online before heading out to work, simply click the CtoP link and send the last thing you were looking at before shutting down and heading out..you'll be amazed how cool it is to pick up exactly where you left off. It comes in handy more than you'd expect, if you just do it.

  4. #3
    Member schizophrenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by afolery View Post

    Google Chrome to Phone lets you easily share links, maps, and currently selected phone numbers and text between your computer running Chrome and your phone.


    Very handy! When using your computer’s browser, right-click on an image/link & send that link/image to phone. I used it just now to send an .mp3 link of a 101Mb DJ set to my phone – very simple! Very little hassle…
    Sorry may I ask how do I send a "photo(image)" or a "Text" from PC's Chrome to Phone?

    I tried right clicking on a photo but it only let me choose a few options and none of them are related to Chrome to phone. Same for Text.

  5. #4
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    I don't belive CTP will working with Explorer if you're using it. I believe the plug in is only avail via Firefox or Google Chrome.

    I could be wrong.
    Androidfied.

  6. #5
    Administrator WERA689's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    2,418
    Thanked
    55 times
    But I don't think you are....works great for me on FireFox.

  7. #6
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Yes I use it for firefox as well.

    For firefox


    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/161941/


    Androidfied.

  8. #7
    Member schizophrenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I don't belive CTP will working with Explorer if you're using it. I believe the plug in is only avail via Firefox or Google Chrome.

    I could be wrong.
    thanks for reply.
    but i am using Chrome as web browser instead of IE.

  9. #8
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by schizophrenia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I don't belive CTP will working with Explorer if you're using it. I believe the plug in is only avail via Firefox or Google Chrome.

    I could be wrong.
    thanks for reply.
    but i am using Chrome as web browser instead of IE.
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...&utm_medium=ha

    Here's the link you need to install for the Chrome Browser. Remember to install the mobile link from Market.
    Androidfied.

  10. #9
    Member schizophrenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schizophrenia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I don't belive CTP will working with Explorer if you're using it. I believe the plug in is only avail via Firefox or Google Chrome.

    I could be wrong.
    thanks for reply.
    but i am using Chrome as web browser instead of IE.
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...&utm_medium=ha

    Here's the link you need to install for the Chrome Browser. Remember to install the mobile link from Market.
    Thanks so much.

    But let's say I already have Chrome Browser on PC, and Chrome to Phone on my N1.

    I am ok to send a web link from Browser to phone. What I do is, I just go to the page i wanna send and I click the "chrome to Phone" button on the upper right hand corner.

    But what if, as advertised, I wanna send a "highlighted text"? Do I highlight it and right click for a menu and then do what? This is where I am stuck at. Also for photos. If I highlight a text and right click, I only get "Copy... then Search Google for 'xxxxx' .. and then Inspect Element".. nothing indicate to send to phone. And if I highlight a text and click the "chrome to phone", it sends the whole page.

    You know what i mean?

    Thanks first.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by schizophrenia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schizophrenia View Post

    thanks for reply.
    but i am using Chrome as web browser instead of IE.
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...&utm_medium=ha

    Here's the link you need to install for the Chrome Browser. Remember to install the mobile link from Market.
    Thanks so much.

    But let's say I already have Chrome Browser on PC, and Chrome to Phone on my N1.

    I am ok to send a web link from Browser to phone. What I do is, I just go to the page i wanna send and I click the "chrome to Phone" button on the upper right hand corner.

    But what if, as advertised, I wanna send a "highlighted text"? Do I highlight it and right click for a menu and then do what? This is where I am stuck at. Also for photos. If I highlight a text and right click, I only get "Copy... then Search Google for 'xxxxx' .. and then Inspect Element".. nothing indicate to send to phone. And if I highlight a text and click the "chrome to phone", it sends the whole page.

    You know what i mean?

    Thanks first.
    I don't use Chrome Browser and I can tell you that Fox To Phone is 10x better.

    It does what you are asking. You can right click a pic and will see option send pic to phone

    Or highlight some text and right click and will see send text to phone.

    You can also highlight a hyperlink and send that link to phone.

    I believe the Chrome To Phone (chrome browser) is very basic in it's functionality.

    I send pics to my phone all the time via Fox to Phone.
    Androidfied.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android chrome will ot show hyperlinks on phone numbers

,

chrome android apply

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum