Shut off timer

This is a discussion on Shut off timer within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am looking for a device where I can set my Nexus One to shut off at a certain time and hopefully turn back on ...

Thread: Shut off timer

Shut off timer

I am looking for a device where I can set my Nexus One to shut off at a certain time and hopefully turn back on again. I used this allot for my blackberry 9700 but since getting my Nexus One I have to admit I have not even picked up my blackberry. Is this app possible for the Android device? Looked in the market and all I find is stop watch timers.
    Thanks,
    Vinny

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did a few searches and came up with Zilch.

That is a good idea tho. Ill keep an eye out for one and post it in this thread if I find one.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thanks for the look out. That is an app I thought should be built in every phone.
    Thanks again,
    Vinny

Try "Sweet Dreams" It won't shut off your phone but it will disable notifications, alarms, ringer etc during certain hours.

I can see an app that will shut off your phone at a specified time, but turning it back on seems like a whole other can of worms.

As I understand it (which, admittedly, is not much), when the phone is "off" there is nothing running except a system clock (for time keeping only) and maybe some sort of hardware monitor that "watches" for power button activation.

Since the OS would be inactive, no apps could be running, and if no apps are running no app could call a wake up.

Now, I am NOT a developer or even a programmer so I could be WAY off base here. If I'm wrong, though, I welcome the correction
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

My blackberry 9700 had that ability to shut off and turn on by a timer. I would shut it off routinely at 1:00am and turn back on at 5:am. Why not the Android system? I hope the developers can come up with one.
    Thanks,
    Vinny

Sleepy Timer

The reason you won't find any apps out there that do this, is due to the fact that Android OS disables the ability to power off the system without user interaction. Believe me I wanted the same thing as you all do.

The next best thing is to disable all radios to conserve battery life.

Check out Sleepy Timer - Pro Edition. It will power off Bluetooth, Network, and Wifi. It can also mute the phone (if you're listening to music before bed.)

Don't forget to rate it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links