Android Desktop Notifier

This is a discussion on Android Desktop Notifier within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Works like a charm! I always have my phone on me, but its more of a novelty program ^^...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android Desktop Notifier

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Works like a charm!
    I always have my phone on me, but its more of a novelty program ^^

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I downloaded the 64 bit Windows version, and every time I try to launch the server on my desktop, I get an error message "Could not load tray icon. Make sure you are using the correct version (32 bit or 64 bit)."

Any ideas?
    Did you try the 32 bit version? From what I hear, any 32 bit program can be run on a 64 bit machine. Did it download the Java app? I am using this on both my work and home computers, both are 32 bit, my home computer had to download a Java app, but my work computer didn't. My home computer is Windows 7 and my work computer is Windows XP.

I am wondering how do I set it to only send the notifications to a specific IP address? I ask because on the slim chance I am on a walk or something, I don't want my information being broadcasted to just anyone's computer.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I am wondering how do I set it to only send the notifications to a specific IP address? I ask because on the slim chance I am on a walk or something, I don't want my information being broadcasted to just anyone's computer.
    There's an IP/WiFi option to enter a static IP address instead of broadcasting the info. I haven't tried it because my computer is set via DHCP but I imagine it works.

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    There's an IP/WiFi option to enter a static IP address instead of broadcasting the info. I haven't tried it because my computer is set via DHCP but I imagine it works.
    Thanks! that worked for my work computer. I will try it at home.

OK, I tried setting a specific IP address and that does work, but after the notification on my desktop, I receive another pop up message of an error while transmitting the notification or something similiar. Probably a bug.

Good post. I appreciate it

Has anyone had a problem with the Nexus One locking on a phone call? One time a call from a mobile #, second time a call from a land line. When answering the call, the screen goes half way to the call and then locks; I can't hear the person calling me & they can't hear me. Mine has done it twice in as many days. The only fix on this lock is a battery pull. The bottom soft keys generate the haptic feedback but the screen does not respond. I tried to call my phone hoping that would wake it up and bring it back to normal but no dice, the phone does not respond and my call goes to voice mail as if it wasn't answered.
    There is a bug reporting function but after a battery pull; does anyone know will the info still be in the log?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links