Google Voice

This is a discussion on Google Voice within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I use the T-Mobile visual voice mail app and it works very good but it does not work over wifi. If I have wifi on ...

Thread: Google Voice

Google Voice

I use the T-Mobile visual voice mail app and it works very good but it does not work over wifi. If I have wifi on the android version of voice mail will kick in. Called T-Mobile and they know that is a problem with their voice mail app. My question to anyone who is using the Google Voice app is does that work over a wifi connection?
    Thanks,
    Vinny

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I use the google voice over wifi and regular 3g/edge. As far as I know it works. I like the google voice translator so there is no need for me to call my voicemail.

WiFi only?

Does the Nexus One require a carrier to activate the phone? I want a PDA device that allows me to make and receive VoIP calls over WiFi only (not interested in cellular). Some cellular phones will not work at all unless activated by the carrier. Other cellular phones will not allow the speaker or microphone to be used except with the cellular phone. Any feedback? If not, where can I go for an answer?

Thx,

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    The nexus will work w/o phone service. The Nexus are not carrier restricted.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    The nexus will work w/o phone service. The Nexus are not carrier restricted.
    Actually if a phone is carrier restricted it will still work as a pda on Wi-Fi without a sim in it. I can prove this cause my brother has a vibrant galaxy s and before he unlocked it, it worked on Wi-Fi and everything the only thing he was restricted from was making phone calls and 3g data.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links