Advert Bar Displayed in Apps

This is a discussion on Advert Bar Displayed in Apps within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi everyone! I downloaded a load of apps from the market yesterday, and now there's this blue advert bar at the bottom of a lot ...

Thread: Advert Bar Displayed in Apps

Advert Bar Displayed in Apps

Hi everyone!

I downloaded a load of apps from the market yesterday, and now there's this blue advert bar at the bottom of a lot of my applications. Does anyone know where this came from? It's pretty annoying, and it like connecting to 3G and spending my money :-)

My only guess is it came along with a 'light' version of an app... I'll list the apps I downloaded below, if you want to read...

Cheers in advance!!

Here's a little picture for you all...

And here are the apps I downloaded:

3banana
    Advanced Task Killer Free
    Alarm Clock Plus
    Aldiko
    Astro
    Barcode Scanner
    Blink
    Bluetooth File Transfer
    Color Flashlight
    Stop 3 Data Roaming
    Twidroyd
    Urbanspoon
    eBuddy
    Gmail Notifier
    com.google.android.stardroid
    Google Translate
    gReader
    GTasks
    Laputa
    Nimbuzz
    Transdroid
    Ringdroid
    RockPlayer
    Screebl Lite
    ShakeToWake Clock
    Shazam

Thank you for still reading!! Here's a man on a bike :-)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Many apps that display the ads also offer an ad free version if you donate or buy the paid version. Most developers put a lot of work into their apps and if you want them for free, you need to put up with the ads.

It shows up on all your apps? That's strange. If you were rooted, I wood say install adfree to get rid of them. But its gotta be one of those apps. Maybe uninstall one at a time til its gone.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

It's not Barcode Scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    If you were rooted, I wood say install adfree to get rid of them.
    See that's my biggest issue with rooting - avoiding paying for things that normally cost. When I rooted I made a clear decision to still pay for the apps either by buying the ones that have that option or allowing ads on those that don't (or on those I didn't want to pay for).

That's what gives rooting a bad name and makes the manufacturers lock it down because they associate rooting with theft/loss not as good honest fun for hobbyists. I say let the ads remain (I've never seen one that's intrusive and affects the app) and keep Android developers interested in the program or we'll never beat Apple.

Its all about choice. I support the Dev community just as much as the next guy here. I just don't like those ads so I choose to block them.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

It shows up on all your apps? That's strange. If you were rooted, I wood say install adfree to get rid of them. But its gotta be one of those apps. Maybe uninstall one at a time til its gone.
    Well this could work but with 26 apps it will take a while so you can eliminate Barcode Scanner or Shazam cause I have these and I don`t have adds on may that arenít suppose to have ads. Any one else feel free to add other apps that you have.

Its all about choice. I support the Dev community just as much as the next guy here. I just don't like those ads so I choose to block them.
    At the risk of starting an argument, which I do NOT want to do, I guess I don't understand what it means when you say you support them. If you don't support them financially, how exactly do you support them? Words of encouragement may be enough for many developers... maybe not? I dunno...

I'm not saying I know what developers want and perhaps recognition is all. But I have my doubts because if they didn't want financial reward, they wouldn't insert ads or have pay versions.

Anyway, we agree to disagree I don't want to get into an argument. Just my 2 cents worth...

Hey, thanks for the replies!! Yeah, good point about development taking a lot of work, Maris. I'll buy the apps I find myself using a lot.

@SliceBurgSim - Not sure that it's all of my apps, but it's definitely a few of them... Probably I'll have to uninstall one at a time if I want to find out for sure. I thought of doing that last night, but then I went and forgot :-)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links