Chrome to Phone

This is a discussion on Chrome to Phone within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Have had this app for a while now. Lately when I send a link or web page the page or link will take a few ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrome to Phone

Chrome to Phone

Have had this app for a while now. Lately when I send a link or web page the page or link will take a few minutes to get to my phone. Doesn't matter if Im on wifi or 3G. Does anyone know why or if this is the norm for this great appliction. Sometimes the page I send will arrive in just a second or two, other times it will be sometimes up to 5 minutes. Bugs the hell out of me. Have both the latest updates on both parts, have deleted and downloaded again with same results. Help me if you can???????????????????
    PS My Android to cloud app works flawlessly. Just that damn chrome to phone.

Vinny

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You're not alone. I've been having the same problem. In fact, links fail to show up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Luq07 View Post
    You're not alone. I've been having the same problem. In fact, links fail to show up at all.

Check to make sure you have the latest downloads for both parts of app. I have done everything possible to try to remedy this problem (I think). I ave signed out and then back in again but same problem. After I deleted and then downloaded app again it worked great. I would send a web page or a link and it would arrive instantly. After a day or two the same problem, the link would take sometimes up to 5 minutes to arrive, usually 2 or 3 minutes. Just wondering if there was a fix for this problem.

Vinny

Quote Originally Posted by Luq07 View Post

Found a solution, see if it works on your phone. Sign out of app on phone. Go into manage apps, into chrome to phone, wipe data, sign back into chrome to phone and should work. Mine seems to be working OK. Got this fix from XDA- Developers site. My pages or links are responding instantly.

Vinny

by the way, foxtophone from firefox give you "send to phone" option on right click on things... links and images. It's very convenient to send a image file or links to my phone from the browser without actually opening the links. I can't seem to find something like that in Chrome to phone. Am I missing something??

Quote Originally Posted by koolbon View Post
    by the way, foxtophone from firefox give you "send to phone" option on right click on things... links and images. It's very convenient to send a image file or links to my phone from the browser without actually opening the links. I can't seem to find something like that in Chrome to phone. Am I missing something??

I right click on an image or link and a pop up opens up with chrome to phone
    on it. Makes it very easy to send anything to my phone.

It also works on any selected (highlighted) text, which makes it very easy to enter text on a desktop keyboard to simply send to droid and paste in which ever document you want there. For those with clumsy fingers (like mine) it's godsend when trying to write or edit lengthy programs or text.
    Nexus One :nexusx: FINALY rooted without ending up like this

Got CM7 installed too!

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post

I right click on an image or link and a pop up opens up with chrome to phone
    on it. Makes it very easy to send anything to my phone.

really?? that's interesting. Now, why would I not get that?

"I right click on an image or link and a pop up opens up with chrome to phone
    on it. Makes it very easy to send anything to my phone."

Is this true for everyone else and am I the only one not getting this?

"I right click on an image or link and a pop up opens up with chrome to phone
    on it. Makes it very easy to send anything to my phone."

Is this true for everyone else and am I the only one not getting this?
    I just checked and it's true. Do you have the latest versions of Chrome2phone on both your browser and phone? It should be Version 2.1.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links