Apps always running in background...

This is a discussion on Apps always running in background... within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have some apps that are always running in backgroung even though i stop them from running. They always come back in the active apps ...

Thread: Apps always running in background...

Apps always running in background...

I have some apps that are always running in backgroung even though i stop them from running. They always come back in the active apps list.

What can i do to prvent 'em from launching ?

Ex. MSM Droid X is ALWAYS running in background, so is the Market and others..

tx in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just ignore them on your task killer. Its actually worse to keep killing them. I only use TKs for non system apps like games.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I stopped using task killers all together. I just let my phine operate google intended. Haven't even noticed a difference in battery performance.

Plasma Riffled from my N1 using tapatalk.

Some apps that run off of my GPS like to close with a task killer, everything else I just let be.

Which was hard for me to do at first because I came from a G1, if any of you remember how great that battery life was lol.

I also run sans task killer. Problem is a task killer will terminate a task just to have that task auto start again prompting the task killer to terminate... ad nausea ...

If you are really concerned about certain tasks running that you don't think should, consider uninstalling that app. I have used Titanium Backup to remove AmazonMP3 for example.

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    I have some apps that are always running in backgroung even though i stop them from running. They always come back in the active apps list.

What can i do to prvent 'em from launching ?

Ex. MSM Droid X is ALWAYS running in background, so is the Market and others..

tx in advance
    Hi
    I just got the same phone from videotron,Working good so far,the reception is very good.What about?
    Just wanted to know if your battery drains pretty fast for the past 4 days since i got the phone i have to recharge it everynight but some says its normal with smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    Hi
    I just got the same phone from videotron,Working good so far,the reception is very good.What about?
    Just wanted to know if your battery drains pretty fast for the past 4 days since i got the phone i have to recharge it everynight but some says its normal with smartphones.
    You only have to recharge at night?! Seriously though, that is pretty standard for what is essentially a small laptop in your pocket.

ok tx for the answers...

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    I also run sans task killer. Problem is a task killer will terminate a task just to have that task auto start again prompting the task killer to terminate... ad nausea ...

If you are really concerned about certain tasks running that you don't think should, consider uninstalling that app. I have used Titanium Backup to remove AmazonMP3 for example.
    Wow, I had no idea you could do that with Titanium, thanks! Way easier than with the terminal. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goonieboy View Post
    You only have to recharge at night?! Seriously though, that is pretty standard for what is essentially a small laptop in your pocket.
    I agree. I could probably even milk the battery for two days sometimes. Depends on how much surfing I do. I've never had to charge before I go to bed, though.

Also, I didn't know you could remove that pesky Amazon MP3 app. I'll definitely be doing that.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links