Get Swype without waiting for the beta to re-open..

This is a discussion on Get Swype without waiting for the beta to re-open.. within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just found this on Cnet this afternoon. The video shows how to get Swype for any android phone from a file on an Evo forum. ...

Thread: Get Swype without waiting for the beta to re-open..

Get Swype without waiting for the beta to re-open..

Just found this on Cnet this afternoon. The video shows how to get Swype for any android phone from a file on an Evo forum. I know they use an Evo in the video and the file comes from an Evo forum, but I put this on my N1 and it works. No more waiting for the Swype beta trial to re-open...we can all have Swype now. Here is the link for the video tutorial.

Also here... Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Trying the link to the forum now and page cannot open.

Wonder why?

If my links aren't working you can just go to cnet.com and find the video tutorial that way. Right now the video is one of the main stories on the cnet homepage. I would link directly to the Evo forum post that contains the file but I'm not sure if that is ok per N1 forum rules or not. The video contains a url you can type into your browser to get the post with the Swype file.

Link works for me.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

That's cool of you guys for sharing...I already have had swype for a few months and can't go back to the regular keyboard.

I know a lot of people will be happy with this info. Good job
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

awesome!!

love ya guys!

no homo
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    That's cool of you guys for sharing...I already have had swype for a few months and can't go back to the regular keyboard.

I know a lot of people will be happy with this info. Good job

After using Swype this afternoon I can already tell I'll not be going back to SwiftKey. Swype is so much faster and I can't believe how accurate it is. I would highly recommend everyone at least try it out and give it a chance.

if you have dropbox already installed you can simply upload the .apk to your dropbox account and then access it on your N1 using the dropbox app and install directly from there.

Saved me the trouble of downloading another app
    Subscribe to the Droidforum RSS feed!

Ok, guys...I had to delete the post directly to the files, as Swype has asked us in the past not to do allow such posts. It's in all our best interests to respect that request. I did, however, leave the link to the Cnet video. I'm thinking that is a "grayer area".

To be safe, though, I'm going to close this thread. Just to make sure we don't cross the line. You understand, dontcha?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links