What anti-virus app do you use?

This is a discussion on What anti-virus app do you use? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; @dd4005. "virus" on android needs user intervention for it to be installed. I have no antivirus on my phone for the same reason I don't ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What anti-virus app do you use?

@dd4005. "virus" on android needs user intervention for it to be installed. I have no antivirus on my phone for the same reason I don't run antivirus on my computer. They are both linux. I watch what I install.

Proudly posted via tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post

Not sent using Tapatalk or on my Nexus one at all. I would tell everyone where I sent the message from but why would anyone care.
    :rofl3:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
    :rofl3: <-- I couldn't say anything except this...
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Not sent using Tapatalk or on my Nexus one at all. I would tell everyone where I sent the message from but why would anyone care.

I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by keithdiggs01 View Post
    @dd4005. "virus" on android needs user intervention for it to be installed. I have no antivirus on my phone for the same reason I don't run antivirus on my computer. They are both linux. I watch what I install.

Proudly posted via tapatalk
    Doesn't tapatalk let you quote ?

Anyway, I hope you don't get affected by any malicious software. Me personally, I like having Lookout because it knows more about malware than I do.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    No protection for me. I go hard without it. The phone guys....
    Androidfied.

Lookout

Do I need virus protection? Probably not. But there is malware that can affect the platform. There are a number of legitimate reasons to install third party apps - beta's, older versions, and applications that aren't available through market (Rockplayer for a long time). The other security features make this a worthwhile app that should be on most phones.

The day I "need" some kind of AV software on my phone is the day I get another OS. Sure there may be risks of vulnerabilities but they are much, much too low for me to worry about. Common sense typically prevails when it comes to opening attachments and running apps you're not familiar with. Neither my Linux machine or two WinXP machines have ever been infected and I do scan occasionally to be sure. I'd rather have all the CPU I can for my own use.

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdiggs01 View Post
    I don't use any protection. I just watch to make sure I don't install malicious apps.
    Do you wear a seatbelt when driving your car? Or just watch to make sure you don't crash ? :rofl3::rofl3:
    Do you wear a helmet while taking a shower? There are a surprisingly large number of accidents every year from people slipping in the tub. One can be sufficiently safe by acting prudently rather than having to waste battery life and CPU horsepower on AV software.

I fully support anybody who feels more comfortable running such software. I equally support anybody who feels just as comfortable not running it. Neither scenario is better/worse than the other. As always, it's a personal choice.

Umm... Wish I had some good flame bait to throw around... I know, how about Norton AV for Android:

Norton Mobile Security Provides Remote Lock and Wipe, Malware Scanning for Android

"Android only: We're fans of using Prey to find lost Androids (and laptops), but if you want a last-resort means of locking or wiping out your smartphone, Norton's free (for now) beta app offers those powers, along with some feel-good malware scanning."

Hi,
    I have a really infected computer, and installing an anti virus program would take too long is there a portable anti virus app i could use to just scan the computer from a flash drive? the program doesn't have to be free.Is there any kind of anti virus program that you don't have to install to scan?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links