Lookout Mobile Security

This is a discussion on Lookout Mobile Security within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello everyone, FYI. I have been using lookout mobile security for quite some time and its available on the market. For anyone not yet using ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lookout Mobile Security

Lookout Mobile Security

Hello everyone,

FYI. I have been using lookout mobile security for quite some time and its available on the market.

For anyone not yet using some type of app that can locate your phone lookout mobile security is an option.

I just received this email 2 hours ago from the CEO of Lookout Mobile Security:

Hello,
    We're excited to let you know that we'll be releasing Lookout Mobile Security Premium for Android later this year. We will continue to offer our award-winning free Lookout product and we will be adding a premium offering for those of you who want added protection. While we can't reveal the details of the Premium version just yet, we can tell you what will happen for our existing users.

For you, nothing changes-- unless you want it to! Because you are an existing Lookout user you can continue to use the same great Lookout product you know and love for as long as you want, free of charge. While we will continue to offer a free product, a few of our free features will become premium features for new users. Existing users like yourself will get to keep using those features free of charge for the life of your account. If you are interested in upgrading to the new Premium product, you'll have the option to do that. And if you change your mind, you can always go back to what you have today for free.

Here's How it Will Work:
    - We will continue to have a great free version of Lookout
    - Lookout Premium will be coming out soon (more details, including price, to come)
    - You'll have the option to upgrade to Lookout Premium
    - For existing users, you get to continue using all the features in your Free product today, for the life of your account
    - Note: The first version of Lookout Premium will be for Android users only. Additional platforms will follow.

When we release more information about Lookout Premium, you'll be first to know. Stay tuned and thank you for supporting Lookout. If you have any questions, please send us a note at support@mylookout.com.

In the meantime, tell your friends to sign up for Lookout now!

For the moment Lookout Security is still free on the market but I dont know how long. Like I said there are other apps out there that can do similar things but if you have been considering this one you better get it soon while its still free.

If you question whether or not you might need this type of security you should check out this thread:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...us-stolen.html

Have a good day.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Is there an email newsletter I don`t know about or something cause I have been using lookout for about a month and a half now and didn’t get any kind of email notification?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Is there an email newsletter I don`t know about or something cause I have been using lookout for about a month and a half now and didn’t get any kind of email notification?
    Nope this was written just like an ordinary email. No attachments (newsletter) of any kind. Perhaps you will get it also...can't say for certain.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

I got this too, does it mean that long time users will get all the features for free when the premium version comes out whilst new users will have to pay to use them?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    I got this too, does it mean that long time users will get all the features for free when the premium version comes out whilst new users will have to pay to use them?

Yes. If you already have it you won't need to pay to keep ALL the features. New users will need to pay for all features. They will only get basic features in the free version.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post

Yes. If you already have it you won't need to pay to keep ALL the features. New users will need to pay for all features. They will only get basic features in the free version.

Just a little clarification...according to the e-mail current users will be able to continue using the version we currently have free of charge for as long as we want. However, there will be additional features in the paid version that we will not be getting unless we upgrade to the premium lookout.

I don't like being threatened

I switched to DroidSecurity's "AntiVirus"

thanks for the info and heads up about this dragon, i'm giving this one a go now too...
    tried out RoDrIgUeZsTyLe MIUIMOD... and it's AWESOME

I wonder if this kind of anti virus app draining up lots of battery as they are running background 24/7. Also as I heard, all your personal info are sharing with this app which is not security anymore.

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    Also as I heard, all your personal info are sharing with this app which is not security anymore.
    Would you be surprised if I told you that you're data/search history is on Google servers for a year before being deleted?

This app is amazing and works like a charm. Easily the best anti-virus / locater / personal data backup for Android. The web panel is the icing on the cake. Amazing.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links