Foursquare and Twitter - Who really cares?

This is a discussion on Foursquare and Twitter - Who really cares? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm seeing more and more apps/websites like this that seem pretty much pointless, but yet are somehow gaining in popularity. Regarding Foursquare, if I really ...

Thread: Foursquare and Twitter - Who really cares?

Foursquare and Twitter - Who really cares?

I'm seeing more and more apps/websites like this that seem pretty much pointless, but yet are somehow gaining in popularity. Regarding Foursquare, if I really wanted my friends to know where I am or where I've been, I'd call them or send a text. Secondly, are the coupons you get for showing up at a business really worth the hassle? If so, this would be the only reason I could see using it.... maybe.

I just don't get it. Kinda like I don't see the point of Twitter unless you're following a high profile person who isn't able to send out a text message to 1,000 people. I can also see using Twitter to follow a business to get discounts. But for the average Joe, who cares what you're doing. If you really want to tell several people you're currently picking your nose, why not just set-up a group list to text to?

Okay, rant over. Sorry

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Dude...I agree. I don't care if you're getting coffee at starbucks...or that you're the mayor of McDonalds. And please...if you're going on vacation, don't tweet/post it to the world. You'll get robbed.

I only use twitter for news and info on things I'm interested in like android and football.
    But to each their own.

My rant over.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Though I've never signed up for an account one could easily say that facebook is just as stupid. It's also trying to be more and more like foursquare and twitter with each update from what I understand.
    Subscribe to the Droidforum RSS feed!

That makes 3 of us that find tweeter foursquare etc. are completely useless I don`t use it and encourage others to do the same (while still being respectful and letting them if they want).

IphoneSlayer I admit on the vacation thing I never really thought of it that way but makes sense.

Also why have so many of these I mean isnít one enough or do they need to go and post it in 20 different sites.

And last I don`t even use these to follow android and 75% of the time when I`m online I am looking at android related stuff. (I know, I`m a little bit addicted) if I want to know something about something why not just look it up on dedicated sites like phandroid is for android.

My rand also over.

I agree. I'm on facebook, but I'm not nor am I a fan of facebook whores who update their status every 7 minutes about what they're eating, where they are, or how their poo smells.

BUT, I installed Foursquare for one reason only. Sports Authority. Is it really worth the hassle to go there, show your phone and get $10 free no minimum purchase? For some maybe, but not for me

I just posted this deal on Slickdeals yesterday. Might change some of your minds about Foursquare. I check in from time to time for fun, but I never publish it to FB.

[ame=http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?p=33391517#post33391517]Sports Authority Free $10 Cash Card w/ Foursquare App for Android/iPhone/BB - Just Check In - SlickDeals.net Forums[/ame]

Stock N1 Froyo 2.2 FRF83
    Data: T-Mobile Web2go $10/mo
    Fast enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by 1.21 Jiggawatts View Post
    I agree. I'm on facebook, but I'm not nor am I a fan of facebook whores who update their status every 7 minutes about what they're eating, where they are, or how their poo smells.

BUT, I installed Foursquare for one reason only. Sports Authority. Is it really worth the hassle to go there, show your phone and get $10 free no minimum purchase? For some maybe, but not for me

I just posted this deal on Slickdeals yesterday. Might change some of your minds about Foursquare. I check in from time to time for fun, but I never publish it to FB.

Sports Authority Free $10 Cash Card w/ Foursquare App for Android/iPhone/BB - Just Check In - SlickDeals.net Forums
    Okay, things like this I'll bite on. I guess it's really the social networking part of it that I think is stupid. And you're right, I think Facebook has a purpose if it's not overly abused. But anyway, I'm off to the Market to check out Fouresquare. I have a Sports Authority around me. Thank you for the post!

By the way, how easy is it to find deals like this at other stores? Maybe once I DL the app it will be self-explanatory. If not, it would be nice to know of a website that keeps track of all the deals from Foursquare.

Foursquare is pointless. Twitter, however, is essential for raw news and for those who like to follow celebs.

Twitter played a pivitol role in the whole Iran protest scenario which resulted in a global outcry for those who were injured or killed during the protest.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Foursquare is pointless. Twitter, however, is essential for raw news and for those who like to follow celebs.

Twitter played a pivitol role in the whole Iran protest scenario which resulted in a global outcry for those who were injured or killed during the protest.
    Agreed on using these social medias for news, updates, catching up, and discounts. It's the whoring part that gets annoying.

Hold on...time to update my FB status...."I just scratched my nose...but I didn't pick it."
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links