Skype Is Finally Available on the Market!!!!

This is a discussion on Skype Is Finally Available on the Market!!!! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; hey guys, just like the title states, i was searching for skype on the market and what do you know they finally made an app ...

Thread: Skype Is Finally Available on the Market!!!!

Skype Is Finally Available on the Market!!!!

hey guys, just like the title states, i was searching for skype on the market and what do you know they finally made an app for it...

i just tried it over wifi, and works great, i called both a skype contact and a phone line, but i was told that i could be heard better when i called the skype contact...also it states that it works over 3G.

anyways, i just wanted to put the word out there for the many people like myself who were waiting for skype to come out on the N1, and if this was a repost then i'm sorry and i don't mind for the thread to be deleted...

Enjoy,.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by hazzazi View Post
    hey guys, just like the title states, i was searching for skype on the market and what do you know they finally made an app for it...

i just tried it over wifi, and works great, i called both a skype contact and a phone line, but i was told that i could be heard better when i called the skype contact...also it states that it works over 3G.

anyways, i just wanted to put the word out there for the many people like myself who were waiting for skype to come out on the N1, and if this was a repost then i'm sorry and i don't mind for the thread to be deleted...

Enjoy,.
    From what I know and have tested the Skype app that you download from the market will only allow users in the US to make skype calls via wifi.

I found out this information a while back when reading androidpolice.com. Here is the link:

Skype For Android Can Now Make Calls Over 3G In The US, No Thanks To Skype | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

I have installed the modded version and have made both calls to cell phone and other skype contacts in Europe and Africa and it works just fine. The cell phone I called in Africa had a bit of a delay but sounded clear.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

I've been using the mod version for a bit now as well and so far it's great. The only issue I have is I've not been able to route the audio via bluetooth for use in my car.

Skype has been in the Market for a couple of weeks. When you use it, you may forget that your Skype client actually participates in the routing of other users' calls and the storage of other users' information, whether or not you are online. The overhead can have considerable impact on your network traffic and battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzazi View Post

Enjoy,.
    From what I know and have tested the Skype app that you download from the market will only allow users in the US to make skype calls via wifi.

I found out this information a while back when reading androidpolice.com. Here is the link:

Skype For Android Can Now Make Calls Over 3G In The US, No Thanks To Skype | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

I have installed the modded version and have made both calls to cell phone and other skype contacts in Europe and Africa and it works just fine. The cell phone I called in Africa had a bit of a delay but sounded clear.
    you were actually right, cause i tried calling while on 3G and it didn't work... and i found out about the modded version, so thank you for the heads up. .. also all the numbers i called didn't have any delays.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links