ROM Manager: installing a kernel after installing a ROM?

This is a discussion on ROM Manager: installing a kernel after installing a ROM? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I recently installed the CyanogenMod-6.1.0-RC ROM via ROM Manager. Now, I'm thinking of installing an undervolted kernel such as Kmobs or Pershoot. If I go ...

Thread: ROM Manager: installing a kernel after installing a ROM?

ROM Manager: installing a kernel after installing a ROM?

I recently installed the CyanogenMod-6.1.0-RC ROM via ROM Manager.

Now, I'm thinking of installing an undervolted kernel such as Kmobs or Pershoot.

If I go through the ROM Manager installation procedure for one of these kernels, will I lose my recently installed ROM?

If so, if I perform a ROM backup via ROM Manager before installing the new kernel, and if I then do a ROM restore after the kernel installation, will the ROM restore wipe out the newly installed kernel?

More generally, I'd like to know the relationship between various ROM's and various kernels, especially with regard to mutual installation procedures.

Thanks in advance for any clarification you folks can provide.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not too sure why Cyanogen keeps up with the Pershoot kernels because the battery life is poor, in my opinion, and in my experience. I am a huge fan of WildMonk's kernels because of performance and battery life.

You will not lose your currently installed ROM. If you click the link in my signature, it will take you to a thread that I made detailing the steps on how to flash a custom kernel. It's not hard and very basic. You can flash it via ROM manager, but if you want to install a kernel you see from XDA instead of those that are only listed in ROM manager, my steps are very beneficial.

Actually, here's the link: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tructions.html

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links