App Updates and Android fracturing

This is a discussion on App Updates and Android fracturing within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hmm, my list of apps I won't update is growing longer and longer. I wish there was a an easy way to back out of ...

Thread: App Updates and Android fracturing

App Updates and Android fracturing

Hmm, my list of apps I won't update is growing longer and longer. I wish there was a an easy way to back out of updates if you don't like them and go to the previous version.

- Movies - Comments indicate it is getting bloatier. I luv this app as is and see no reason to update.
    - ES File Explorer - Absolutely LOVE this app. Especially for its simplicity. Comments indicate the developer has redone the interface using larger icons. dumb
    - Facebook - Don't like the sound of the comments. The app does what I want now, no reason to update
    - Shazam - Well, we all know what's up here
    - Timesheet - Not sure about this, gonna install it on my gf's phone first to see if I like the new interface. Software is fine as is.
    - Google Maps - Ugh, I use this software ALL the time. Works great, why'd they go and ruin it and put this icon bar on it that you can't turn off? I hate that.
    - Google Sky Map - Luv this software, comments indicate that with the latest update it is too sensitive to motion now and jumps around. I'll wait till the comments indicate betterness before I update.

So I see a bunch of problems here:
    1. Developers can't leave well enough alone. If it ain't broke - Don't fix it! This is especially bad because the N1 is so limited in available memory (Yes I know rooting would make it better, but I don't have time to figure that all out and not sure I feel comfortable with it). I hate that I can't install any more apps on my system. And they keep getting bigger, too! Software Bloat is a MAJOR problem on phones, still.

DEVELOPERS! Simplicity is best!

2. The fracturing of Android must be driving developers NUTS! I see compatibility issues all the time in the comments. This is one aspect the iPhone has over Android.

I love my N1, but I think its lack of internal memory will be its downfall for me.

Maybe I'll figure out this rooting thing after Gingerbread. Getting more space is the only reason I'll consider rooting.

Why not root?:
    - I'm happy with the phone as is, it does everything I want it too, and I have little enough time to do what I want as it is, I'm not all that interested in searching through all the options available after rooting
    - I've heard rooting decreases performance noticeably.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

lol!

If anything, Rooting INCREASES performance tremendously.

Also, rooting fixes your limited internal memory with stuff like darktremor apps2sd.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I can't find the thread, but I know I read somewhere where people were saying that the screen motion is "less responsive" on CM6 phones. ??

Not true. CM6 fixed my screen issues.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links