Remove/Ignore Application Update

This is a discussion on Remove/Ignore Application Update within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I searched and did not find topic... How can I remove app update from the downloads area? I realize I can just leave them there ...

Thread: Remove/Ignore Application Update

Remove/Ignore Application Update

I searched and did not find topic...

How can I remove app update from the downloads area? I realize I can just leave them there and ignore it - but I'd like to remove it from showing update available.

In this case it's ES File Explorer - it says in the description "English users NEED NOT update" (yes it's caps on the need not)... clearly I'm not interested in updating... but how do I get the update notification removed fromthe downloads list?

FWIW the same thing happened for Tmobile voice mail app - it got horrible comments/reviews so I didnt update - since I never used it I just deleted the app... but I do use ES File Explorer.

TIA

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

AFAIK there is no way to remove them other than uninstalling.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

If you back up the app (using Astro? & if the app is backup-able) could you then uninstall it after the backup and then install it through Astro?
    I am thinking if you did this, it would remove it from the Market app knowing you have it and the result would be the update notifications stop.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    If you back up the app (using Astro? & if the app is backup-able) could you then uninstall it after the backup and then install it through Astro?
    I am thinking if you did this, it would remove it from the Market app knowing you have it and the result would be the update notifications stop.
    Have you Tried this method yourself?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Have you Tried this method yourself?
    No...but it was a thought that had occurred to me. and only because I have a list of 5 I think apps that I like but don't use regularly so I backed up and uninstalled them and when I want to use them, I install them through Astro. I haven't seen any update notifications from market for them while they are installed.
    Let me try a couple of them and check my market app to see if they are listed in the download section and post back.

Update: I picked three apps (GPS Test v1.2.0, Antennas v1.05, and SpeedTest can't find the version #) to install through Astro. Only two showed up in my Downloads section of the Market app.

mah
    If you install through non-market means, then the market won't list it... so yes, uninstalling and then reinstalling via Astro or any other method will (should?) work. If it doesn't, you may need to rebuild your market cache.

thanks for the responses... I dont want to lose future updates so Im reluctant to back-up & uninstall... however, if I keep the existing update floating and there are future updates, I guess this one will download anyway?... I wonder why the hell they say "NEED NOT update" - what do they expect us to do then :/

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links