what's the best sms app?

This is a discussion on what's the best sms app? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've been happily using the standard SMS app for many months with only one slight niggle? The problem I have is that i'd like to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's the best sms app?

what's the best sms app?

I've been happily using the standard SMS app for many months with only one slight niggle? The problem I have is that i'd like to be reminded repeatedly until i read an incoming/waiting sms. Currently, one might arrive and i miss the sms ringtone because i was an in another room or something. The only way i'd then know i have an sms waiting is if i pick up the phone and look. It's not like this on my old nokia n95. That would notify me once every couple of minutes until i looked.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Two of the top sms app that keep popping up
    is Handcent and ChompSMS both free in the market.

I'm on CM 6.1.1 and trackball alert let e know if I have issed calls, sms or emails ect....
    when I walk into the room and look at my phone.:D
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

If what you're looking for is extra notification and reminders or maybe a different color trackball then try SMS Popup

I use Handcent - it gets the job done very well

Quote Originally Posted by lionsson View Post
    If what you're looking for is extra notification and reminders or maybe a different color trackball then try SMS Popup
    Thanks for this, it's exactly what I'm looking for - simply more flexibility on the incoming SMS notifications (and repeat-until-read renotification aspect of it). Worked perfectly!

I'll try Handcent or Chomp one day, but I don't really send enough of them (average 2 a day) for it to be a big thing.

Nexus One Forum to the rescue again
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

I,m using Handcent.

the default, you can't check contact to send a mass SMS. With this one it works, and I like the skin (Iphone style) much better to read

I tried Go SMS, it works also good, but I prefer Handcent!

Android 2.1& 2.2 hate SMS period

I've gone blue in the face griping over this,

Until the Android stock SMS app improves i'm stuck using Handcent

Aseems do you mind me asking why you say that android 2.1 and 2.2 hate sms cause I think this is the second time you say that but never really elaborated. I know they have that issue when your internal memory is to low you don't receive them and then they are lost but what else is that bad about it?

I've been using ChompSMS, but found GO SMS to be a bit smoother.

Red face

Thanks for asking Dude!

I had to dig deep, but here's the main entry, For your Reference -

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post72160

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Aseems do you mind me asking why you say that android 2.1 and 2.2 hate sms cause I think this is the second time you say that but never really elaborated. I know they have that issue when your internal memory is to low you don't receive them and then they are lost but what else is that bad about it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links