Question on Handcent SMS

This is a discussion on Question on Handcent SMS within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi Experts, Couple of quick questions for you (after I installed Handcent SMS) 1. I get 2 notifications now, one from Handcent and the other ...

Thread: Question on Handcent SMS

Question on Handcent SMS

Hi Experts,

Couple of quick questions for you (after I installed Handcent SMS)
    1. I get 2 notifications now, one from Handcent and the other from the default SMS app in the N1. Is there a way I can disable the notifications from the latter? Iv tried killing that App using the Advanced Task Killer, but get the notification from it as soon as a new sms arrives.
    2. Is there a way I can just delete the default SMS app, if so, steps to do so please.

TIA !

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by hj007 View Post
    Hi Experts,

Couple of quick questions for you (after I installed Handcent SMS)
    1. I get 2 notifications now, one from Handcent and the other from the default SMS app in the N1. Is there a way I can disable the notifications from the latter? Iv tried killing that App using the Advanced Task Killer, but get the notification from it as soon as a new sms arrives.
    2. Is there a way I can just delete the default SMS app, if so, steps to do so please.

TIA !
    1 yes 2 no.
    Go into the messaging app click menu.. settings.. then uncheck the notification box.
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Actually johnny 2 is a yes as well but it involves root and titanium backup so it is possible but I don't know if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Actually johnny 2 is a yes as well but it involves root and titanium backup so it is possible but I don't know if you want to.
    I believe that deleting the stock mms causes problems. I don't remember the specifics, but I do recall reading about it...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ya I guess deleting the stock app could cause problems. Although isn't handsent running with the sms themselves not off the stock sms app it's receiving the texts at the same time as the stock app not receiving them from the stock app? I will look that up and see but you're probably right that about causing problems from deleting the app.

Here's one thread on the subject, but again, no specifics...
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/1...95#entry113295

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ok ya defiantly I wouldn't try that cause I would hate to lose the text contact option beside the contacts phone number.

Go into the messaging app click menu.. settings.. then uncheck the notification box.[/QUOTE]

tried this, found i already had it unchecked, still getting the messages though.....?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links