N1 E-reader issues

This is a discussion on N1 E-reader issues within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, Everyone: I'm looking for the best e-reader for Android (got my N1 last night). I've downloaded three of the most common ones, but in ...

Thread: N1 E-reader issues

N1 E-reader issues

Hello, Everyone:

I'm looking for the best e-reader for Android (got my N1 last night). I've downloaded three of the most common ones, but in every case I've been unable to transfer books to the phone.

The instructions usually say to simply move a file from the computer to the appropriate folder on the phone when it's USB-connected, as if it were a hard drive. Then, say the instructions, the reader will automatically pick up the file and list it in your library. That has never happened.

I'm having this issue with Cool Reader, Aldiko, Kindle, and Ebook Reader. Since I'm a Nexus infant, I'm quite willing to believe that I'm just overlooking something completely obvious.

Have others had problems importing books? What's the best reader? What should I be doing differently? I've always used Stanza on my iPod Touch, and it works perfectly. Is there something comparable for N1?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Never had any problems with Aldiko... What exactly did you try?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

What I've Tried

Hello, Danger-Rat:

Aldiko says to copy files to the '/eBooks/import' folder; however, there is no such folder on the phone when I connect it. I've tried transferring files to the '/eBooks' folder, but nothing happens.

Can I create the 'import' subfolder under 'eBooks' in Aldiko? Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks for responding.

g9

Yes, create the folder, and make sure the files are in the epub format...

Twitter
    Nd1razor

Thanks, Danger-Rat and Fury:

I guess my problem was that I didn't know you had to create your own 'import' folder (why is that anyway? Why isn't the folder there by default? It's a reader; don't they expect you to import books into it?) Also, perhaps because of my iPod Touch history, I didn't realize that you had to disconnect the USB function before Aldiko would import a file. Again, why is that? When the phone was charging, for example, I picked it up to take a picture, and there was a message telling me to "insert SIM card before opening camera." What?

I have much to learn--and unlearn. Thanks again to both for your help.

g9

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Well, when you mount the sd card on your computer, your basicly closing it off from your phone so your computer can use it, kinda like a plug, can only be plugged into one socket at a time.

And as the camera saves pictures onto the SD card, you cant use it as the SD card is being used by your pc.

There is an app, duel mount, mounts on both the pc and the phone at the same time, but im not sure how well it works, or if you can put your faith in it.

Disconnecting usb is because only one device can access the sd card at a time (pc or phone). You should be able to charge and access the phone at the same time, however, some apps auto mount the sd to the pc when usb is connected, and you may have one of those apps. The most common app causing this is winamp, but there are others...

As for why certain apps behave a certain easy, that would be a question for the app developers. Like the import folder, why not include it as standard? I'm sure other people may say - why is this folder here, when I don't use it? (I, personally prefer not to have unused folders on my phone - but I do use this folder)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links