Market crashes

This is a discussion on Market crashes within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Oxente Originally Posted by mightytalldude Ah progress. Go to menu>settings>sd card & storage and mount your SD card and that should move ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Market crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Oxente View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    Ah progress. Go to menu>settings>sd card & storage and mount your SD card and that should move you a step closer. Then go into Rom Manager and choose fix permissions. That will go through all the apps and verify all permissions and should get you market access. Once that is done, update Rom manager to the current version through market. :nexusx:
    MightyTall, Okay, when I get to ">sd card & storage" the option is "Unmount SD card," then "If you unmount SD card, some apps... will stop... may be unavailable..." etc. Should I unmount and then mount again? I hesitate because I'm nervous about what apps are involved or if I will get lost with them down...
    I recreated the Market error tonight. Unmount and remount the sd card. You'll use the unmount if ever you change sd cards. Once you do that, select Rom Manager, and select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Once you so that, it'll ask to select your phone, or give you the option to select Nexus One (GSM), select that and it'll say flash recovery successful. Next select Download ROM, next select CyanogenMod, then select Google apps (froyo) at the bottom of the list. After you download that file, reboot following the prompts, select the backup option, the wipe cache option is not needed. After backup and loading new Google apps, your market will function again without force close. This is the older Market though, but you can find the newer Market v2.2.6 on this forum and flash it at a later time.:nexusx:

MightyTallDude posted:
    I recreated the Market error tonight. Unmount and remount the sd card. You'll use the unmount if ever you change sd cards. Once you do that, select Rom Manager, and select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Once you so that, it'll ask to select your phone, or give you the option to select Nexus One (GSM), select that and it'll say flash recovery successful. Next select Download ROM, next select CyanogenMod, then select Google apps (froyo) at the bottom of the list. After you download that file, reboot following the prompts, select the backup option, the wipe cache option is not needed. After backup and loading new Google apps, your market will function again without force close. This is the older Market though, but you can find the newer Market v2.2.6 on this forum and flash it at a later time.:nexusx:

Hoo-boy! Here I go.
    Oxente [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    N1 2.2.1, CyanogenMod 6.1.0-RC2-N1, Kernel 2.6.35.8

Quote Originally Posted by Oxente View Post
    MightyTallDude posted:

Hoo-boy! Here I go.
    MightyTallDude, Stalled again by Market.

Unmounted/remounted SD card >RomMgr > Flash ClockworkMod Recovery > Nexus One (GSM) >(successfully flashed ClockworkMod Recovery) > ok> Download ROM > you must upgrade Rom Mgr. to latest version > ok> Sorry! App Market closed unexpectedly! Pls try again.

Tried again, same result. Can't get anywhere without non-functioning Market, can I?

Tried again after clearing cache and data in Market and in Download Mgr. Same thing, except once Market opened to policies agreement page, and crashed after I agreed
    Oxente [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From your phone click this link, http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/...ery-image.html and select Google Nexus One GSM link to download the newest version. Then in your status bar dropdown select that file that just downloaded and you'll be updated. Almost there.

Scan Rom Manager qr code, ROM Manager ~ Android Application v3.0.0.7 By ClockworkMod | Tools, and here is barcode scanner if you don't have that, Barcode Scanner - Android. That will get you updated to fix the problem. Almost there.
    I sure appreciate all your efforts, but I can't figure out what to do here. This is my first try at any phone stuff, and I don't understand "Scan Rom Manager qr code" or what to do with a Barcode scanner. I was not successful in downloading it at that site. When I click on download, it jumps to a different music program.

Also have not been able to get Market onto my pc (to load to phone). However my phone has version 2.2.6 on it. Your site links took me to page with no access to programs except a few dozen feature ones, and I haven't found where or how Market or ROM Manager could be downloaded to my pc.

If you're tired of this, I understand. Everyone loves their N1 here, but maybe it's beyond my geek capacity...
    Oxente [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You were too quick on the draw. I edited the post after I found the direct link to Rom Manager and put it in the post to bypass the qr code scan bs. Use this link. My Brain Hurts: ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery Image, Select Google Nexus One GSM from the links listed, and it will download to your phone. In the upper left hand corner on the status bar will be a check mark for that downloaded file. Drag the status bar down, and select the file and it'll update your clockwork Mod Rom Manager. :nexusx:

You were too quick on the draw. I edited the post after I found the direct link to Rom Manager and put it in the post to bypass the qr code scan bs. Use this link. My Brain Hurts: ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery Image, Select Google Nexus One GSM from the links listed, and it will download to your phone. In the upper left hand corner on the status bar will be a check mark for that downloaded file. Drag the status bar down, and select the file and it'll update your clockwork Mod Rom Manager. :nexusx:
    MightyTallDude, did this, and after completed, tried to download ROM again, no change. No Market. No ROM update. sigh...
    Oxente [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MightyTallDude, did this, and after completed, tried to download ROM again, no change. No Market. No ROM update.

Read your earlier post and saw you said to reboot, so did that. Still no change. Mod still the same. No Market.
    Oxente [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Send me a private message with your rom manager/recovery version, and which cyanogen mod version you're on. I'm going to try to replicate your same situation and get a working fix for you. I'm away from home so can't dig any further until I get back to a pc. There's many ways around android just have to find the one that'll work for you. Also check to see if there are any saved back ups done by the original owner that we may be able to revert to, as they may have the previous market version. Also, make a backup of your current rom using rom manager. That will give us a safety net starting point.

edit. In rom manager, scroll all the way down to All Clockwork Recoveries, and get me the list of which versions are listed there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links