Market crashes

This is a discussion on Market crashes within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Every time I boot my N1 or try to access Market, I get message that "apps Market has closed unexpectedly. Try again." "With a little ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Market crashes

Market crashes

Every time I boot my N1 or try to access Market, I get message that "apps Market has closed unexpectedly. Try again."

"With a little help from my friends" here on the forum, I found a way to download an app without Market (Is that risky?) and cleared Market's cache, and then its data, but the situation remains the same.

I feel like the top scoop has fallen off my ice cream cone...

My N1 (bought it used) runs 2.2.1, Cyanogen Mod 6.1.0.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Two possible fixes for this. First use ROM Manager and utilize Fix Permissions option, and that usually clears up 90+% of most errors. Second is upgrade to CM6.1.1 as that issue disappeared after that upgrade for me. There may be other solutions but that's what worked in my situation. Hope that helps. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    Two possible fixes for this. First use ROM Manager and utilize Fix Permissions option, and that usually clears up 90+% of most errors. Second is upgrade to CM6.1.1 as that issue disappeared after that upgrade for me. There may be other solutions but that's what worked in my situation. Hope that helps. :nexusx:
    Would like to try the first, but haven't been able to locate a ROM manager. Where would he/she be?

Here's the part where it may get tricky, as ROM Manager is available in the Market, so being that it's crashing or unable to access the Market, you'll need to locate it from the Market with your pc and then load it onto your phone via the usb. You'd also need Rom Manager to upgrade CM to 6.1.1.

http://www.android.com/market/

Here's the part where it may get tricky, as ROM Manager is available in the Market, so being that it's crashing or unable to access the Market, you'll need to locate it from the Market with your pc and then load it onto your phone via the usb. You'd also need Rom Manager to upgrade CM to 6.1.1.

Android.com - Market
    AHA!!! Figured out something - I occasionally have flickers of life in the cerebellum : Settiings > Manage Applications > All > ROM MANAGER IS THERE!!!
    When I try to open it, message appears- "SD Card needs to be mounted." I thought I had done that... Suggestions? How to?

Ah progress. Go to menu>settings>sd card & storage and mount your SD card and that should move you a step closer. Then go into Rom Manager and choose fix permissions. That will go through all the apps and verify all permissions and should get you market access. Once that is done, update Rom manager to the current version through market. :nexusx:

You can also try to clear DATA from the Market in Settings>Applications>Manage Applications
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    You can also try to clear DATA from the Market in Settings>Applications>Manage Applications
    baseballfanz we already tried that but it was mentioned in another thread.
    Although that reminds me Oxemte please don't make multiple threads on the same subject please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    baseballfanz we already tried that but it was mentioned in another thread.
    Although that reminds me Oxemte please don't make multiple threads on the same subject please.
    DudeR21, Got that message! Plead ignorance... know it is not a viable defense.

Ah progress. Go to menu>settings>sd card & storage and mount your SD card and that should move you a step closer. Then go into Rom Manager and choose fix permissions. That will go through all the apps and verify all permissions and should get you market access. Once that is done, update Rom manager to the current version through market. :nexusx:
    MightyTall, Okay, when I get to ">sd card & storage" the option is "Unmount SD card," then "If you unmount SD card, some apps... will stop... may be unavailable..." etc. Should I unmount and then mount again? I hesitate because I'm nervous about what apps are involved or if I will get lost with them down...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links