Track light - colored notification lights in succession

This is a discussion on Track light - colored notification lights in succession within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by andrewpmoore Originally Posted by VydorScope Odd it seems that if your app (like Tweetdeck, Tochdown, etc) is NOT part of this, they ...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Track light - colored notification lights in succession

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpmoore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Odd it seems that if your app (like Tweetdeck, Tochdown, etc) is NOT part of this, they can no long light up the track ball?
    Yes that's correct. It's the only way to get the lights to stack up, as as soon as another app takes control the stacked notifications wouldn't show until you clear the other one.

Still as others would probably confirm, i can probably add those extra apps quite quickly.
    Do you have a list of which you'd want other than the 2nd listed above?
    Well definitely TweetDeck and Touchdown. Also I have multiple gmail accounts (well 3), can each of them be a different color?
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Yeah, one issue. There are so many apps that can notify, I need a cheat sheet to remember which one is which :D
    LOL

Has anyone tried the repeating/initial sound and vibration settings?
    If so, do they work ok for you.
    There's getting so many options in the app it's getting harder for me to test them all.

I have tried to bring some of the code together a bit more (a.k.a tidy it up) so there's more reuse - which means everything will work better - or if I break something it'll probably break for everything but I'll pick it up before it gets released!

Odd it seems that if your app (like Tweetdeck, Tochdown, etc) is NOT part of this, they can no long light up the track ball?
    Yes that's correct. It's the only way to get the lights to stack up, as as soon as another app takes control the stacked notifications wouldn't show until you clear the other one.

Still as others would probably confirm, i can probably add those extra apps quite quickly.
    Do you have a list of which you'd want other than the 2nd listed above?
    Well definitely TweetDeck and Touchdown. Also I have multiple gmail accounts (well 3), can each of them be a different color?

Tweetdeck should be fine. I've got that on my todo list now.
    Not sure which app you mean for TouchDown is that Exchange Touchdown - for which there seems to be 3 versions in the market.

At the moment the gmail notification is just the one color. I too have 3 gmail accounts and will add it to the list too, but the list is getting quite long!

Here's the list at the moment in no particular order, and they might not all get done, but as suggestions come in I'm trying to keep a note of them all:
    1. Google Voice (get tested and working fully)
    2. Trackball - cancel notifications when phone screen off (option)
    3. Widget to cancel notifications - summary of notifications
    4. Stepping sounds/vibrate - e.g. get slower or faster over time
    5. Tasker integration
    6. Calendar reminder replacement for real one with real snooze options
    7. Time of day lights out / sound / vibrate off (bedtime mode)
    8. HTC mode - get working on desire, dhd, wildfire and such
    9. Tweetdeck
    10. Touchdown
    11. Multi g-mail accounts
    12. Translations into more languages
    13. Better way to tell which lights are lighting for each notification when in test mode
    14. A "Test" button for each individual notification type. Good for phones without the excellent color support of the nexus one.

And that's without the 10 e-mails per day from people telling me it's not working on their phone (and usually giving the app a 1-star rating - grrr)

The droid's are the oddest for those e-mails. Some people seem to have it working fine and others just say it doesn't work. It's a little tricky to tell why when I don't have the cash to buy every android phone available

So, anyone think of more to add to the list, or have particular strong desires for things on their that they would like too?

One more thing.
    Had an e-mail from a nexus one user that says every time their notifications clear they get left with a really dim light coming from the trackball of the last notification cleared until they reboot the phone.

Anyone else seen that? That was the first real 1-star rating for the paid version. There's actually been 2. But the first one was there literally within about 10 seconds of the first ever upload, so I'm guessing they hadn't even run the app!

Touchdown - https://market.android.com/details?i...k.touchdownpro

There is a Android 2.2 and Android 1.x version, plus a free version as I recall. I have the 2.2 paid version.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Touchdown - https://market.android.com/details?i...k.touchdownpro

There is a Android 2.2 and Android 1.x version, plus a free version as I recall. I have the 2.2 paid version.
    I'll try and add all 3.

Tweetdeck added for VydorScope to the full version.
    Tweetcaster and Tweetcaster pro also integrated into the twitter category

hmmm, app didn't seem to work for me. I am rooted though, using righteous miui rom. don't worry dev, I won't give a low rating, if Wera says its a good app thats good enough for me!

do you think its because I am running a different rom? I selected accessibility etc, chose my colours, tested the notifications using the tester, which worked. but when I get notifications it doesn't do anything.

understand you can't cater for absolutely everybody. I didn't mind giving it a go. for what its worth, the app seems very polished.

Tweetdeck added for VydorScope to the full version.
    Tweetcaster and Tweetcaster pro also integrated into the twitter category
    Thanks, I'll grab the full version soon and play around some more!
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    hmmm, app didn't seem to work for me. I am rooted though, using righteous miui rom. don't worry dev, I won't give a low rating, if Wera says its a good app thats good enough for me!

do you think its because I am running a different rom? I selected accessibility etc, chose my colours, tested the notifications using the tester, which worked. but when I get notifications it doesn't do anything.

understand you can't cater for absolutely everybody. I didn't mind giving it a go. for what its worth, the app seems very polished.
    I've had at least one report of it working on a miui rom. I don't know if there's anything in the domain that might kill off the app. Can you see if it's still running in your application settings. Is "manage applications" and the "running" tab.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links