Track light - colored notification lights in succession

This is a discussion on Track light - colored notification lights in succession within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Floogle hmmm, app didn't seem to work for me. I am rooted though, using righteous miui rom. don't worry dev, I won't ...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Track light - colored notification lights in succession

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    hmmm, app didn't seem to work for me. I am rooted though, using righteous miui rom. don't worry dev, I won't give a low rating, if Wera says its a good app thats good enough for me!

do you think its because I am running a different rom? I selected accessibility etc, chose my colours, tested the notifications using the tester, which worked. but when I get notifications it doesn't do anything.

understand you can't cater for absolutely everybody. I didn't mind giving it a go. for what its worth, the app seems very polished.
    I've tried one of the miui roms on my phone today. Didn't do much testing but a did try the missed call notifications and they seemed fine.
    I needed my phone back to "normal" for some work appointments in the afternoon so didn't get much chance to play.

Does the "test" notification option work for you at all in miui's rom?

New version on the market.
    Just bugfixes for the lite version and the full version gets a sleep time option for people who find the trackball to bright while trying to sleep!

So I purchased and installed the full version and sent my self an email, a eamil through touchdown, and SMS. Now watching the colored lights I see..

Blue, white, purple, white, purple, purple, white, purple, white, purple,white, purple, white, purple,white, purple, white, purple,blue...

I would have expected something like Blue, white, purple, blue, white, purple, etc.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    So I purchased and installed the full version and sent my self an email, a eamil through touchdown, and SMS. Now watching the colored lights I see..

Blue, white, purple, white, purple, purple, white, purple, white, purple,white, purple, white, purple,white, purple, white, purple,blue...

I would have expected something like Blue, white, purple, blue, white, purple, etc.
    Odd I just checked the phone and it has not seen toch down yet, it just got tochdown but the color notification is not working for it at all. So the light pattern above was from 1 text, and 1 gmail... makes the pattern even odder.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

What colors do you have set to which apps?
    Touchdown isn't yet supported. I was planning on getting in touch with you to help me get that and google voice working with a debug app I've nearly finished.

In the above situation I would only expect you to be getting email and SMS, so alternating between two colors.

So you would expect say for example, blue, red, blue ,red, blue red.
    There are occasions where sometimes you will get say blue, red, blue, red, blue, blue red - i.e. where you get two of one color.

The reason for this is that as the alarm timers used to fire off the changing colors are not always exact in their timing and the length of time taken to run the bit of code are not always exact. As the trackball light is just set to pulse and a timed rate, it all depends on the timing of those alarms. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get the two in sync as much as possible, but for the life of my can't get them to sync perfectly.

Setting "fast" for the blink rate and "fast" for the checking frequency makes both run at approx 2.5 seconds (2 seconds off for the trackball and 0.5 second on)

As for the 3rd color you are getting I do see a rare occasion myself where the timer changes from one color to another that it's as if all the 3 leds behind the trackball don't exactly change at the same speed therefore creating odd occasions of an alternate color coming through.

I'm also about to send you a PM.

OK. The pattern did seem to settle down after a while, so when it first started I might even see 3 or 4 of the same color, then one or 2 of another, and so one. The longer I let it flash the more stable it seemed to get.

Also the track ball stops flashing when I wake the screen, that by design?
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpmoore View Post
    What colors do you have set to which apps?

Gmail is set to lilac... I guess that looks more like white SMS is sent to Magenta. So I guess thats closer to purple. Im horrible with color names :D
    Wave Secure + Lookout

OK. The pattern did seem to settle down after a while, so when it first started I might even see 3 or 4 of the same color, then one or 2 of another, and so one. The longer I let it flash the more stable it seemed to get.

Also the track ball stops flashing when I wake the screen, that by design?
    Yes it does sometime take a little while to do the processing to identify new mails etc when you get a new notification. For example having to hook up to the content provider database and do a query.

When you say it stops when you wake the screen, I presume it starts flashing again once it's off? (Unless you've cleared the notifications)

It's more by "no choice" than design. For some reason the nexus one (and motorola phones) don't let you have the notifications on when the screen is on. Well not without rooting and putting on custom code as far as I am aware - things like cyanogen allow it.
    It's nice how google have access to do so (for example when the phone rings etc), but they don't give access to us "normal developers"!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpmoore View Post
    When you say it stops when you wake the screen, I presume it starts flashing again once it's off? (Unless you've cleared the notifications)

It's more by "no choice" than design. For some reason the nexus one (and motorola phones) don't let you have the notifications on when the screen is on. Well not without rooting and putting on custom code as far as I am aware - things like cyanogen allow it.
    It's nice how google have access to do so (for example when the phone rings etc), but they don't give access to us "normal developers"!
    That is correct. Ok, at least thats not a bug then. :D
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Okay... now its pulsing "lilac" even though there are no notifications. Still blinking after power cycle.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links