Track light - colored notification lights in succession

This is a discussion on Track light - colored notification lights in succession within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by VydorScope Okay... now its pulsing "lilac" even though there are no notifications. Still blinking after power cycle. Finally got it to stop ...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Track light - colored notification lights in succession

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Okay... now its pulsing "lilac" even though there are no notifications. Still blinking after power cycle.
    Finally got it to stop by disabling "accessibility" and unchecking "Light Flow" then doing another power cycle.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

ack it came back! LOL! Even with it Accessibility left disabled. I got a gmail, and the ball started pulsing fast lilac (as per the Light Flow app settings). Then I cleared notification (deleted the email too), and the ball continued to flash. I had to uninstall it to get it to stay off.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Okay... now its pulsing "lilac" even though there are no notifications. Still blinking after power cycle.
    If you have the app set to the default colors, Lilac would be for MMS messages.
    I'm guessing that you've got no unread MMS messages at all? Even if you've got no notification icon it won't be cleared until there are no unread messages.

If that's not the case, can you try set the color to a different color and see if it now still flashes lilac or changes to the other color?

Nope, no unread messages of MMS kind, but I had lilac set to gmail I am pretty sure. Now I have unread gmails but no notifications. I cleared the notification by clicking on it in the pull down status bar.

Are you saying that even if I have no notifications the light will still blink if I have unread messages? That would be annoying in my use case since I often mark things unread to remind me to look at them alter on my desktop.

(got your PM will try that soon)
    Wave Secure + Lookout

That is the case at the moment, but it will be easy for me to implement another option to clear down when the notification is cleared.
    I'll do that in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpmoore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    hmmm, app didn't seem to work for me. I am rooted though, using righteous miui rom. don't worry dev, I won't give a low rating, if Wera says its a good app thats good enough for me!

do you think its because I am running a different rom? I selected accessibility etc, chose my colours, tested the notifications using the tester, which worked. but when I get notifications it doesn't do anything.

understand you can't cater for absolutely everybody. I didn't mind giving it a go. for what its worth, the app seems very polished.
    I've tried one of the miui roms on my phone today. Didn't do much testing but a did try the missed call notifications and they seemed fine.
    I needed my phone back to "normal" for some work appointments in the afternoon so didn't get much chance to play.

Does the "test" notification option work for you at all in miui's rom?

sorry Andrew, I have been away from things for a while. I will do what you suggest and let you know the results. thanks. fyi the miui rom I am using has been known to be quite buggy, so will update the rom, use your app and see if it works. laterz.

I have a Nexus One, currently running Gingerbread.
    Ive been having a bit of trouble with my LED where it wont light up on its own for notifications
    The Post

Your lil app here helped with that, so thanx
    Also for some reason, none of the led tests in the list work, any ideas why?
    Thanx again for the app

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blu View Post
    I have a Nexus One, currently running Gingerbread.
    Ive been having a bit of trouble with my LED where it wont light up on its own for notifications
    The Post

Your lil app here helped with that, so thanx
    Also for some reason, none of the led tests in the list work, any ideas why?
    Thanx again for the app

That's the million dollar question!
    There's something wrong in that gingerbread release as even the simplest of notification examples don't work anymore even taken directly from googles api docs.

I've tried to work out why those don't work bbut the rest of the app does, but not pinned it down yet... and believe me, I've tried!

A tiny suggestion : the priority should be an individual list,avoids the clutter.

And a bug : on my nexus one when I go from changing color of a particular notification to home directly the home screen comes up blank, just the wallpaper. You can remedy this by going into another screen like the settings or turning of the screen and coming back.

Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blu View Post
    A tiny suggestion : the priority should be an individual list,avoids the clutter.

And a bug : on my nexus one when I go from changing color of a particular notification to home directly the home screen comes up blank, just the wallpaper. You can remedy this by going into another screen like the settings or turning of the screen and coming back.

Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.
    Hi, I've just tried to recreate the issue you've got but it always seems to work for me fine. Anyone else have that issue?

As for the suggestion, yes I would like to make the priority list a move up/move down type of list of all types so you can see them all at once and easily move them about.

I also want a quicker way to set notifications on for each type - probably just a list with check boxes as think it would be handy for people who don't want all the customizations. Had a few comments on the market that it's too complicated! The joys of rapid growth with lots of user requests!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links