Track light - colored notification lights in succession

This is a discussion on Track light - colored notification lights in succession within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hahaha you just sprung another bug to my attention, i Just got the notification on my phone when i was in the loo (technical detail ...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Track light - colored notification lights in succession

Hahaha you just sprung another bug to my attention, i Just got the notification on my phone when i was in the loo (technical detail :D )that i got an Email, the reply you made in this forum, i looked at the message, closed the gmail app, closed the screen and decided to reply you from my laptop.

The led started pulsing again, it was set to "Clear Notification Style : Screen" so i turned on the screen, unlocked it, checked my list of All read emails and then off again, it started pulsing again.
    Turns out i had the Light flow app on, at a screen where i last choose the color for my Gmail notification (like when you go to your home screen form the middle of some app or setting and when you go back youre taken to the last page). So i BACKED out of it, Instead of hitting the home button and clicked on Advanced Task Killer and tested it again by sending me an email.
    Worked the way it should, Blue notification light, turned on screen, looked at message, turned off screen no more notification.

I see something similar was already brought up by . . er. . .Mr.Scope up there,
    now personally im very slow at all this stuff but i think it has something to do with the bug i mentioned,
    ie Something to do with exiting the app properly maybe.

And ya, that would be a nice idea, perhaps an option oriented structure, like List "Change color, Set Priority, and so on" and with in that, the same set list of apps.

PS: "Always stay on" under notification speed, just makes it pulse slow :P

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blu View Post
    Hahaha you just sprung another bug to my attention, i Just got the notification on my phone when i was in the loo (technical detail :D )that i got an Email, the reply you made in this forum, i looked at the message, closed the gmail app, closed the screen and decided to reply you from my laptop.

The led started pulsing again, it was set to "Clear Notification Style : Screen" so i turned on the screen, unlocked it, checked my list of All read emails and then off again, it started pulsing again.
    Turns out i had the Light flow app on, at a screen where i last choose the color for my Gmail notification (like when you go to your home screen form the middle of some app or setting and when you go back youre taken to the last page). So i BACKED out of it, Instead of hitting the home button and clicked on Advanced Task Killer and tested it again by sending me an email.
    Worked the way it should, Blue notification light, turned on screen, looked at message, turned off screen no more notification.

I see something similar was already brought up by . . er. . .Mr.Scope up there,
    now personally im very slow at all this stuff but i think it has something to do with the bug i mentioned,
    ie Something to do with exiting the app properly maybe.

And ya, that would be a nice idea, perhaps an option oriented structure, like List "Change color, Set Priority, and so on" and with in that, the same set list of apps.

PS: "Always stay on" under notification speed, just makes it pulse slow :P

The app should restart the services that providing the notification lights when the app goes into what the android framework calls a "paused" state, which is essentially when there's another window from another app sat on top of it.

Exiting with home or fully out with the back buttons will have the same effect, but if the app still has focus and you get a notification it may not work as it only reads all the settings and sets them up on exiting.

As for the clear notification method, for gmail I would personally leave it as "visited" and not "screen" each of the app defaults are generally best and the other options are really only there for the odd person that has problems with the standard clearing method, particularly on other makes of phones.

Also with gmail leaving it as visited means that if the mail is visited on your phone, or visited on your computer the notification should automatically clear - well it's designed to work like that and seems to work for me :-)

New version just uploaded to the market.
    Now fully gingerbread compatible (on my phone at least anyway) - removed the old non-working single LED test method and replaced it with a "Test" within each notification type. This has the advantage of being able to check out the repeating sound and vibration patterns too.

6 new notification types available on the full version.
    * LiveProfile
    * Exchange Touchdown
    * Ebay
    * Craigsnotifica
    * Taskos
    * TV Listings / TV-Guide (USA, UK, Germany and more)

Goodmorning
    Ouuuuh. . . okay . . .lol. and ya i guess 'visited' makes more sense

Im glad to report that, i just got the update and the tests work
    Also, the thing where the screen comes up blank no longer happens for what ever reason so woohoo for that too

One more question: is it possible to make lists items in 'vibrate pattern' 'notfication sound' 'repeating vibrate' collapsible?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blu View Post
    Goodmorning
    Ouuuuh. . . okay . . .lol. and ya i guess 'visited' makes more sense

Im glad to report that, i just got the update and the tests work
    Also, the thing where the screen comes up blank no longer happens for what ever reason so woohoo for that too

One more question: is it possible to make lists items in 'vibrate pattern' 'notfication sound' 'repeating vibrate' collapsible?
    Glad it's working for you.
    I will look into the possibility of collapsible lists as it would make sense. Cheers

I'm having a small problem with the free version. Once I check my email with K-9 and delete the email, I still get the notification light flashing once I turn off the phone. I've set the type to screen and it hasn't helped. I'm on a Nexus One using Gingerbread. (This didn't happen when I was using 2.2)

Is there any solution to this?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by aofe View Post
    I'm having a small problem with the free version. Once I check my email with K-9 and delete the email, I still get the notification light flashing once I turn off the phone. I've set the type to screen and it hasn't helped. I'm on a Nexus One using Gingerbread. (This didn't happen when I was using 2.2)

Is there any solution to this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Can you download aLogcat from the market, run it, try and clear the notification and send me the logs from aLogcat.

Cheers
    Andrew

I just came here to post a simular thing. Once or twice since the last market update the BLUE led (i did not change any colors so they should match what you have) is getting stuck. In the past it has been different notifications. A power cycle did not clear it, but going into the Ligthflow app did strangely enough.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    I just came here to post a simular thing. Once or twice since the last market update the BLUE led (i did not change any colors so they should match what you have) is getting stuck. In the past it has been different notifications. A power cycle did not clear it, but going into the Ligthflow app did strangely enough.
    If you get that happen is there any chance you could get a logcat output from it.
    Maybe try and start a couple of programs, I'm not sure if the accessibility service is sometimes is stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpmoore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    If you get that happen is there any chance you could get a logcat output from it.
    Maybe try and start a couple of programs, I'm not sure if the accessibility service is sometimes is stopping.
    Tried to PM it to you, but its to long, you got an email I can use?
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links