Track light - colored notification lights in succession

This is a discussion on Track light - colored notification lights in succession within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I've have a nexus one and I've finally got into writing apps for it. I just launched to the market an app to control ...

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Track light - colored notification lights in succession

Track light - colored notification lights in succession

Hi,
    I've have a nexus one and I've finally got into writing apps for it.

I just launched to the market an app to control the notification colors of the trackball. Allowing for successions in colors. Eg you've got a new SMS, Calendar reminder and gmail it'll automatically change from one color to the next.

No rooting is required. There's a free version and one for about a dollar.

If you've got any suggestions or bugs, either send me a PM, or post back here.

Changelog and FAQ's:
    See our website

Known issues
    ==========
    1: Note that the notification light will flash for skype as soon as the skype is started until you enter. After that notifications will be fine.
    You can stop the initial flashing by going into into "My Info" -> "Settings" -> "Event notifications" and switch off "skype status" in the skype app.

2: There seems to be an odd occasion where the "no signal" notification does not always reliably switch on or off when the phone is in a sleep state.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Awesome, Andrew! I'm going to dl it right now! I'll report back.

Edit: Installed and set up. Tested it with the self-test. First reaction is "Nice work!" This will easily replace Blink for me, and does the one thing that Blink couldn't do...stack up the notifications. Thanks.

Oh, and excellent documentation included in the app, too!

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Awesome, Andrew! I'm going to dl it right now! I'll report back.
    I hope it works ok for you, but if not, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I'm new to android development (at about day 10 or 11 at the moment) but I'm a java developer by trade and quite enjoying it. It's more fun than my day job!

See my edit above for first feedback...all good!

Is it possible to add notifications for Twitter and FB updates? Just wondering, I do have audio notifications for those already.

Thanks for the feedback. Facebook and twitter are certainly on my "todo" list as they are both apps I use.

I'm going to look into facebook next. Notice how I've left plain old "blue" not allocated by default so far - I'd saved that for facebook.

I tried blink, but it never really did quite what I wanted and I kept getting plain old white notifications with it too often. It took quite a bit to stop that happening - the app is effectively sending an alert as soon as it starts or the phone boots with a "black" - i.e. off led. That gives me control of them without them being taken over by other apps. As soon as another app gets there first it become pretty much impossible to control and you have to wait for that app's notification to be dismissed.

With facebook there's two possibilities I'm going to look into. One is to use their API and set a polling frequency to check across the internet. The other is to look into if it's possible to capture the events from the facebook app and use that for getting the notifications. I'm one of those ways will make it possible.

On a similar note, if anybody is using any custom apps they want including I can also look into them, but first is facebook, then probably twitter and the pop3/imap stock e-mail.

Just a quick update, I've been busy improving the app. The following notifications are integrated into the paid version now:

* Missed calls
    * Voice mail
    * Calendar reminders
    * gmail
    * email
    * SMS messages
    * MMS messages
    * Low battery
    * No signal
    * Google talk
    * Facebook
    * Twitter

They are coming to the free version too, but it's way past my bedtime to start preparing the lite version build .

Gotta hand it to ya, Andrew...great work! Upgrading to the paid version as I type this
    Thank you sir!

Is this in the market now? I can't find any app with the name track light.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

It's called Light Flow in the market. The QR code in the OP will take you to the lite version. It's awesome!

I just bought the app and I love it. Well done.

My only suggestion is a "disco" setting like I used when I had a similar app installed on my BlackBerry 9700 that cycles through all the colours as 1 alert.

I'd always use that setting for missed calls as it's the most obvious "at a glance" tool to see if I've missed a call.

edit: and twidroyd support!
    Subscribe to the Droidforum RSS feed!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links